Colon private tours?

Let's have fun!

• 1 month later...

we did this trip before on HAL. When we did it you could not get off the ship in Gatlin Lake unless you were on a HAL tour. Not sure if its the same now. We did the full day old city- new city tour. It was terrific but a lot of walking. Look into it.

we did this trip before on HAL. When we did it you could not get off the ship in Gatlin Lake unless you were on a HAL tour. Not sure if its the same now. We did the full day old city- new city tour. It was terrific but a lot of walking. Look into it.

We too have done this. The embrera Indians and loads of tourist stuff. We want to go to the Gehry museum at Panama city. Big ride. Come back go to the observation centre. New one. And then pedestrian bridge and back to ship. We have found someone to take six of us. But the price is very high.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I am new to Cruise Critic' date=' but heard that it is a terrific resource. Do you know of a great private tour from the Colon stop? We were there once and there is nothing to do in the port.

thanks!:)[/quote']We're doing one on our PC cruise next month with Panama on Wheels. They have good reviews on TripAdvisor and will pick us up at the cruiseport and take us on a tour of Panama City, the Causeway, and Casco Viejo. The ship tours did not interest us because we're doing a full transit so we don't need a canal tour, and the shopping tours were apparently pretty lame, most of the same stores we have in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I am new to Cruise Critic' date=' but heard that it is a terrific resource. Do you know of a great private tour from the Colon stop? We were there once and there is nothing to do in the port.

thanks!:)[/quote']We booked a tour of Panama City thrugh Panama on Wheels. They pick us up at the docks and take us to the old city, the hill overlooking everything and the Causeway, a long peninsula with lots of restaurants etc. and then bring us back. Looking forward to it.

Edited by s2kreno

We booked a tour of Panama City thrugh Panama on Wheels. They pick us up at the docks and take us to the old city, the hill overlooking everything and the Causeway, a long peninsula with lots of restaurants etc. and then bring us back. Looking forward to it.

We booked a private taxi to take us to the new Frank Gehry Gehry Museum--just to see the architecture not sure inside is so interesting but will go in. Then back to see the Miraflores (new lock) visitor center to see short film a d possibly new locks then trip by car across old bridge crossing canal back and forth and back to ship. Hope it all works out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Patty can you tell me about the tour you organized in Panama?

Thx

Don't think you want us. But we found a private taxi to take us to gehry museum new locks viewing and old brig. Have brrn in Panama before and wanted to see gehry architecture

We are paying 450 for the 6 of us. Price would be the same for 8. Price would therefore be 56.25 per person if we were 8. Remember this is not just a taxi, it is a tour guide run by Almiza tours (I think that is the spelling). It takes about 1 and 1/2 hours to get near to Panama City where the new Frank Gehry museum is. Museum of Biodiversity. I think his wife was /is Panamanian and that is why he built it there. The price does NOT include any admissions. We will go in. If you do not want to enter, you could just wait for us. Then he will drive us back toward the New LOcks visitor center which also has an Admission. This location replaces the old locks visitor center which was at Gatun. Then he is to take us back and forth (I think Pacific/Atlantic) across old bridge. I sent him a pictureof which one I want.

He has told us that the guide speaks EXCELLENT English and that the car is a comfortable van with AC and seats 9 so we will not be crowded.

If you are interested, we are leaving for the port shortly. But there is cell reception most of the day. 561-289-2419. Or you can ask at the desk, for the last name MAYBLUM. Also I will be receiving emails i.e. internet onboard.

You can send me your room number. our email is themayblums@yahoo.com

You need to know this is not a regular tour. We have been there a few time, and seen the Embrera Indians , the sloths, the monkeys, the forest. you get the idea...wanted something different.

Let us know what you decide. I always check thoroughly and think the price is fair for most of the day...not a big bargain, but fair and I wanted to be confident of the driver, car etc. Hope I am right.

Thanks.

Evelyn and Marty Mayblum