Marseille - Cassis Wine Tour

kruzinkimmie

Hello All,

I am going to be on Harmony of the Seas in July 2016 and was looking into wine tours.

I came across Provence Wine Tours which offers wine tours that work with the schedule of the ship. I am leaning towards the one that stop in Cassis.

Has anyone used this company and can provide feedback?

Thanks So Much!

Hello All,

I am going to be on Harmony of the Seas in July 2016 and was looking into wine tours.

I came across Provence Wine Tours which offers wine tours that work with the schedule of the ship. I am leaning towards the one that stop in Cassis.

Thanks So Much!

In 10/2011 we did Provence Wine Tours out of Toulon to Cassis and I would definitely recommend it. It was not a cheap excursion but we really enjoyed it. It was such a relaxing day on a port intensive cruise.

A few years ago we did a tour with Mike Rijken @ Wine Safari out of Marseille. We had a group of six and loved it. He is a very very knowledgeable and took us in the fields and then to a very small but wonderful winery in Chateauneuf du Pape, but that's because we wanted to go there.

Hello All,

Thanks So Much!

My husband and I used PWT in May of last year and found them easy to work with. Emails were prompt and they answered all of my (many) questions. A deposit must be made with the reservation and they invoice you a couple of months before the date for the rest of the payment. Bandol and Cassis are beautiful and the wineries were nice - generous samples of multiple wines and no pressure to buy. Two small issues, that really had little to do with the tour company but rather circumstances and our tour group:

1- for some reason our ship (NCL Spirit) was not able to dock in Toulon even though all the other ships in port that day were able to dock (NCL claimed it was too windy?) so we docked in La Spezia. PWT was not aware of this change so when we got off the ship we used our cell phone to call. They informed our tour guide, who was waiting for us in Toulon and he came to get us but we lost about 45-60 minutes so we were only able to visit 2 wineries instead of three. We still had a great time and plenty of wine though!

2- there are multiple lunch options in Cassis that range from inexpensive (comparatively) sandwiches to expensive sit-down multi-course meals. Decide ahead of time what your group is interested in or plan to split up for lunch so each person can dine where/how they are comfortable. Our roll call group did not make plans ahead of time. Our guide suggested a nice outdoor restaurant with great food that was more pricy than some in the group wanted to spend so it was a little awkward for them. We fully enjoyed our meals and thought the cost was worth it but not everyone felt that way.

Overall, we had a great time with PWT and would recommend them if you are looking for a wine tour.