Deluxe Family Oceanview (8C) vs Undersized OceanView Verdanah (7A)

DeeDouble302

Hey there! I wanted to get your thoughts/opinions on the difference between an 8C vs a 7A (guaranteed verdanah) room. I'm currently booked on an April Fantasy sailing with my 5- year old. We're currently in an 8C with a large porthole. I'm now having some second thoughts, mainly because the 7A is about $450 cheaper. I can use that toward something else like pics, spa, or excursions, etc. Has anyone stayed in the undersized verdanah room that could provide me with an overview or comparison outside of what's on the Disney site? Also, what are the chances of being booked into a regular sized verdanah? I'm guessing it's low.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If a verandah is $450 LESS than a porthole, I'd have that verandah booking in a heartbeat.

There is no way to predict what type of verandah you might get with a 7A GTY booking. Disney offers this GTY when almost all of the cabins in a category are sold. They know that a certain percentage of guests will cancel as the penalty date nears. What you actually get depends on whether they get those cancelations or not. If they do, you'll cruise in a 7A. If people don't cancel, you'll cruise in a "nicer" cabin per their definition. Just be aware that what DCL considers to be a better cabin, you might not feel is better.