Magic vs Splendor with kids

sg4crzn

Splendor has the looks of Conquest class ships in many regards, but the lido deck is more closely related to Magic (Dream class). The main pool area doesn't have the tiered stadium seating like Conquest class; that part is more like Dream class. However, Splendor has a retractable roof there, and the big screen fits within the roof when closed, and the big screen is below the waterslide instead of right above the main pool. This is great for rainy days or for creating a nice setting for deck parties. The waterslide area is like Conquest class, 1 large open saltwater waterslide, plus a pool & hot tub, but no big structure with splash features & dump bucket. There is a small splash park around where the Magic's mini golf is. Splendor's golf is in the far forward area, & there is no ropes course. Splendor's aft pool area is more like Magic as opposed to Conquest class, which is a good thing. Splendor's promenade deck is almost identical to Conquest class.

Overall, I really enjoyed both ships. I had more fun on Splendor, because we had a very unique itinerary for that one, plus there were so many bands & solos/duos playing everywhere, that there was always great music going on somewhere or in multiple places every night. Because of that, I did like Splendor better, but Magic had some nice things that Splendor doesn't have. For kids, Magic is a better ship, because of the waterpark, ropes course, & some other things.

Sounds great! Thank you for all the details. Splendor is 8 day with unique islands compared to the 7 day on the Magic to the islands I've been to many times. For myself I want the 8 day but I know my granddaughter, 10 years old would enjoy the extra deck fun with her mom except the sky course, she didn't like that before. Decisions decisions.