Exotic Southern Caribbean-Conquest ?'s

sunbird21

Hi,

I know this may be appropriate to divide into parts and post in the various ports of call boards, but wanted to try this first from those who have been on this ship/itinerary.

I am traveling semi solo(own cabin, friends in other cabins) on the Conquest on 4/30, going to Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao. I am trying to get ideas of activities to do on each w/o going through Carnival.

I know that I would ideally like to spend 1-2 days on a beach (favorite beaches have been Warwick Long Bay in Bermuda, Boatyard in Barbados, LFK in Roatan, Sapphire in St Thomas, Orient in St Maarten,to give you an idea of my preferences). I would also like to take a snorkeling excursion at whichever island is best for snorkeling, although i have done Grand Turk. I would also be interested in zip lining if there is a decent park somewhere, and would also be interested in a fun variety island tour similar to Bernards' in St. Maarten or Cosol in St Lucia.

Since I am doing research for my friends as well, I would also like to get ideas of child friendly activities(other than the beach) for my friend traveling with her two sons (age 9 and 2) If any of these places have animal encounter activities, this would be of interest.

I know the likelihood of finding ALL of these activities is slim, I just want to get an idea of which island is better for what (i.e., don't want to spend the day on a beach at an island where snorkeling is a better activity, etc).

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

Stacey

Hi. We have done this itinerary twice.

Grand Turk is a good beach day. It is right there off the ship, no need to plan an excursion. The snorkeling, as you know, is also good there.

LaRomana. We have done two different excursions here. One was a Catamaran ride to Isla Sanoa. There was snorkeling, a beach stop with meal and a fun stop at a sand bar with star fish. It was fun.

We also did a River Chavron river boat trip with Seavis tours. River boat to a farm, had a nature tour, with snakes and spiders if you like them. Had a native meal, took a kayak trip, there was a hot tub, and a rope swing over the river. Lots of options and also a lot of fun.

I think there is a zip line somewhere nearby, but we have not done that.

Curacao. Had the best snorkeling. It was right off of the beautiful Big Knip beach. We took and Irie tour to the West end beaches. It was the 5 hour tour you see on their web site, for cruise ship travelers. There is an aquarium there, but we have not been there.

Aruba: Has beautiful beaches. This is a good island to take a tour because there is so much contrasting beauty on this island. We did an Around Aruba Tour on UTVs that was a blast. Starts at an animal preserve. They are two seater UTV's so you could do one adult and one kid per vehicle.

Have fun. This is probably our favorite itinerary.