West Bay Beach excursion with 5 year old?

cruisesteph

We would like to find a place that has a pool and beach access through a day pass. Any recommendations? We won't be doing any snorkeling.

Also, was wondering how long it will take to get there from Royal Caribbean's port? Some websites say 30 minutes but then I've read it can take closer to an hour.

Thank you!

yes, there are two ports, so that is why you are seeing conflicting times. The port you will be landing at is in Coxen Hole so it will take about 20-25 minutes to get to West Bay on a busy ship day.

With a child that age, personally I would go with Mayan Princess because the pool is very cool especially for kids. It's my son's favorite. It is nice too because the pool is designed into the landscaping so it sort of curves around and there are different areas. There is a very shallow area with a spraying fountain thing and then that dips off to about 4 feet. Then you go under a bridge and there is the main section with stairs on both sides and then it goes again to a little shallow area as well as to a a waterfall on rocks. On the other side of that is another small pool area, rocks kids can sit or walk on in the water and then a cool cave with a waterfall falling in front of the entrance you can swim through. If you are not that into snorkeling and are mainly going for the pool and the beach you could see what options they have. Other nearby day pass areas would be Infinity Bay as well, they have a large pool ,also with various areas, waterfalls, etc. and a swim up bar. You can order food at either place. These would be the best options if you are going for a pool experience that is cool for kids.

Thank you IslandGallery for the info! We are also travelling with 2 children (5 & 9), so this is very helpful. We went with Bodden last time and enjoyed the beach by Bananarama, but a pool would be a plus. I'm off to see what the day passes run.