100 down, 30 to go, and looking for a buddy

TRISHNBRAD

Over the last few years I have steadily lost weight, to a grand total of 105 gone, now I m finding it really hard to stay motivated and to do what I know I need to do. Anyone interested in being an email weight loss buddy?? My email is trishbuk@yahoo.com.

Our next cruise is May 2006 and I would love to be at goal.

Hey trish, we're pretty much the same goalwise! I've just reached the 100 pounds lost mark, and still have about 30 pounds to go. It's starting to get harder! I'm cruising this week though, so I expect I'll probably have 40 pounds to lose by the time I get back :P

I've lost 63 pounds since the 1st of August.

I know what you mean about staying motivated.

It gets harder as you get closer to your goal because you have less left to lose.

I've gone from over a pound a day for about 6 weeks or so to 2-3 pounds a week now.

It's frustrating but just a fact of life.

Each pound lost is one less pound to lose.

Finally:

It's a lot easier to stay on track

than it is to get back on track.

Stay the course and hang in there.

Reggie:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have 69 pounds to lose. I am at what they call the true weight loss time . Two pounds a week is where I am at. It is sooooooooooo true the close you get the harder it is to come off. My thing is just to be healthy. I work out for 30 minutes everyday. Walk on the treadmill at level 3 at 2.8 to 3.5 speed, with 5 pounds weights on each leg and 3 pounds in each hand. No eating after 6:30 pm. My kitchen closes for the night.

Have lost 59 doing this, would love a lost buddy for the last 69.

Nancy

CB in April 2006 and counting the days.

Hi. I've lost fifty pounds since February - my husband has lost 140 in the same time frame. Good for him, aggravating for me. He was great at cutting down his calories and we've been walking everyday - missing maybe 3 days a month. I am discouraged and having a hard time getting motivated again. Haven't lost more then three pounds in the last 6 weeks (because I've been cheating). I'm the queen of self sabatoge and would love to check in to force myself to stay on task. I will say it's been inspiring to be able to wear an XL instead of a 3X, being able to shop in a 'regular' department instead of being forced either down to the basement or in some remote corner of a store.

Archived