one month till cruise...want to lose ten pds

wasup254

I am a loser so speak, I have lost 130 pounds in the past. March 1996 I started and by the Nov 97, I had lost 130 pds. I have kept it off till this year. I even had the long awaited plastice tummy tuck July of 2004. NOW i ahev gained 20 pounds in a littl over a year, I am so frustrated. I am dreading the cruise as I tend to eat more on a cruise. I would just love to be able to lose ten and then I can get into the outfits I have.

Any suggestions, besides the obvious...stop eating so much?

I thought of Adkins and then I thought of WW...I am going to a personal trainer tommorrow.

Has anyone lost quickly and how??? I know it is not the wayt to do it, but we leave 11-16!!!

Thanks

Check ou oprahs body boot camp on her website, I have a cruise in 51 days and would like to lose 15 more pounds, by doing the eating, and about 75% of the workouts (I have a very physical job) I have lost 7 pounds in the first 9 days. Give it a shot;)

Reggie,

Was it a very strict low carb diet?

Are you of the male gender? women just donot lose let men do, unfortunately.

Did you workout also?

That is amazing to lose that much just since august!!! congrats

Thanks

Marlene

Reggie,

Was it a very strict low carb diet?

Are you of the male gender? women just donot lose let men do, unfortunately.

Did you workout also?

That is amazing to lose that much just since august!!! congrats

Thanks

Marlene

I'd say it is pretty strict, I try to stay under 10 grams of carbs per day.

Yes, I'm of the male gender.:p

Except for the fact that I have more energy and therefore get around more than I used to, I'm not doing any formal exercise regimen.

Reggie:D

I've lost 8 pounds over the last three weeks by eating Lean Cuisine meals and exercising daily on my stationary bike. I usually eat a salad loaded with veggies for lunch (no cheese and lite dressing) and then for dinner I'll have a Lean Cuisine meal. In between meals I snack on fruits and veggies, and if I'm craving something sweet, I reach for a Healthy Choice fudge pop. I'm hoping to lose another two pounds this week - and that'll make 10 pounds this month.

As far as exercising, I usuallly do about 7 or 8 miles on my bike per day with varying resistance levels.

Good luck! It's not at all impossible. :)

It is now one month to the day we leave and it has been hard to get motivated with a hubby that is allergic to the outside and or inside if it includes a work out.

BUT,

I did make it to the gym on Friday and then a personal terainer session(he was not that good) more interested in going outside to wax his new corvette! BUt he did give me a few guidelines and I was into the gym a year ago, so that was fine, as the session was part of the membership fee.

I lost two pounds from Friday and over a weekend is a major thing for me, as I go with the weight gain on the weekend and then lose the gain during the week and never get any further....

Tomorrow is a new week and plan to make it to the gym tomorrow....

If I do not get this ten pounds off, I have no clothes or limited clothes to take with me, I mean limited.....same dress or two the entire cruise!! LOL

I so far have refused to buy new clothes.....so here I go...ten pounds here i come..

Marlene

Has anyone lost quickly and how??? I know it is not the wayt to do it, but we leave 11-16!!!

Thanks

All summer I meant to lose 10 pounds before our cruise in mid-September but things kept coming up and I kept putting it off. The third week in August I went back to Phase 1 of South Beach and followed it religiously for 2 weeks (not the recipes, just the foods) and lost 9 pounds easily just in time for our cruise. It's pretty painless. Good luck!

It is now one month to the day we leave and it has been hard to get motivated

If I do not get this ten pounds off, I have no clothes or limited clothes to take with me, I mean limited.....same dress or two the entire cruise!! LOL

I so far have refused to buy new clothes.....so here I go...ten pounds here i come..

Marlene

You can do it!!

I'm shooting for about 20 pounds

over the next 6 weeks.:eek:

Reggie:D

Archived