Rental car Costa maya

Shawninrye

I am sure this question has been answered but I have hours researching to no avail. Does anyone know if there is a way to rent a car in the Costa Maya port? Any link I have found for a car rental takes me to a tour guide. Sigh......or the last post was 9 years ago.

Thanks.

I don't recall seeing any kind of rental cars. That's probably because there's no place to go. The village is a couple of miles and a cab is $3 pp each way. If you want to do ruins, take a tour. You can rent a golf cart which we did the first time we went but that was about 10 years ago and while it was fun I'd only give it a 5 out of 10. You can decide.

Thank you so much. I did try to email them but with no success. Something on their end. There was a phone number however, the lady on the other end did not speak English and my Spanish is very poor unless I am ordering another beer or a glass of water!

I have a friend who speaks Spanish so will try later.

• 4 months later...

I don't think there is right now but lots of locals are talking about starting a car rental as they know it's needed. There was actually a place a year or two ago but I didn't see them this year.

Edited by AKLydia