Jolly Roger vs. Catamaran

Royals_Chiefs

We are scheduled to be in Barbados on May 18th and are trying to decide whether to do the Jolly Roger (for something different) or a Catamaran cruise. We definitely want to do a catamaran on one of the islands we are visiting. We are tentatively scheduled for one on St. Lucia as long as it fills. We thought about doing the Jolly Roger on this island should it fill. Should it not fill what do you suggest on either island and thoughts on the Jolly Roger. We are 35 and 39 should that make a difference for the Jolly Rodger. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Dustin

Jolly Roger is a party boat of the most part - there will be loud, upbeat music playing, drinks flowing, and you will be encouraged to dance, especially on the way back to port. How crowded it gets totally depends on the day - it can be packed or it can be sparse.

The Catamarans vary. Jammin' is a bit of a party atmosphere, though smaller than JR, and there are 2 small slides off the back that kids like. Tiami can be very packed, which isn't so great for a cat. Cool Runnings is a pretty good mid-size cat. Calabaza and Silver Moon are very highly recommended small cats that don't take many people (max 12 or 16) - they are peaceful with background music rather than blaring, food and drinks are great, service is very good. The cats I have mentioned are very reliable and can be easily booked privately (not through the ship) - they are used to making sure you get back to the ship on time.

I don't know anything about the cats in St. Lucia.

We have used Elegance cat once before and are using them again in October. We loved it the first time around. I tried to book the Calabaza and they were full so they recommended Sarah and the Elegance. So happy they did. St. Lucia, we have done the Cosol Tour, which is an island tour (banana plantation, volcano, waterfall, beach) which I would highly recommend.