Are there taxis or independent guides to take you to horsehoe bay from Kingswharf.

pinkaboo

We'll be docking at KingsWharf 11-3-05 around 8:00am. We'll be in Bermuda for 2 days. We would really like to just go to horseshoe bay the first day. What the least expensive & quickest way to get there? Are there private guides waiting once you get off the ship? ANd are there taxis or private van drivers at horseshoe waiting to return you to the ship? We'll probably do some sightseeing the second day. Hopefully, weather permitting we'll be able to go to horseshoe bay. Is it a long walk from where the bus or ferry drops you off at to get to horseshoe? Walking is a major issue for us.

The least expensive way is the bus. It takes about 40 minutes by bus and 20 by cab. There will be cabs waiting but mostly they will be there for pre arranged tours. Getting a cab there will be somewhat difficult(I found it best to take the free bus they have going around the dockyards to the base of the clocktower and getting a cab there-fewer people waiting). When you get to horseshoe bay by bus its an easy walk down from the road to the beach- they rent chairs and umbrellas and have a snack bar. There is also a changing facility. Coming back you will have no problem catching a cab as they line up and wait. Going back by bus there is a jitney that for $1.00 rides you up the hill to the bus.

I would recommend taking the #7 bus also. The bus stop is not far from the ship dock. I would also recommend sight seeing your first day and getting to Horseshoe bay as early as you can the second day. Horseshoe bay begins to really get crowded by noon.

• 1 month later...

you will have trouble getting everyone on one bus unless you charter one

in this thread is the email address of the bus company

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5209428#post5209428

I would suggest emailing them and telling them you need a bus for 32 people and how much they would charge you to charter it to take you there at x hour and return you at y hour.

The bus hold about 40 seats....

Otherwise 32 people will require six cabs (most hold six passengers) at around $20-25 each way per taxi. That could be tough to arrange but if everyone in your group wants to leave at different times to go to the beach then taxi or #7 bus would work better. If everyone wants to leave at the same time then maybe chartering a bus would work, except I think they charge by the hour with a minimum rental time of something like 3 hours, but I'm not 100% on that.

Archived