Names Listed on Cabins Booked

Hoping I can get some assistance because I cannot find a thread similar to my issue. Earlier this week I called Carnival and booked a cruise in November on the Breeze with them direct. Vacation planner was quite helpful, but this is the first time I have booked this way - normally I book everything and pay for it online. I had to call this time though because my MIL and FIL are traveling with DH and myself. My FIL is an amputee and needed a wheelchair accessible room and I was told that to accommodate his needs I needed to call for the bookings.

Long story short, the vacation planner at Carnival put my name on one cabin and my husband's on the other. My FIL is listed with me so that his name is booked to the wheelchair accessible room and my MIL is booked with my husband. Carnival vacation planner told me it has to be done this way for "logistics and to secure our rate". We received a past guest rate but my MIL and FIL have cruised with Carnival before too so they could have secured the same rate. My FIL and MIL would prefer we handle the planning and paperwork which I have no problem with but my concern is what will happen when we get to the port for embarkation. Our room keys will be assigned to the wrong rooms for 2 of us, right? Can I straighten this out at the port when we embark? If not, what does anyone suggest? I've heard name changes cost extra fees which is going to anger me since I wasn't given the option of how the four of us would be listed on these rooms. :mad: Then there is the issue of the sail and sign accounts. I have not yet set them up online yet, but is there a way to separate out the sail and sign charges (my husband and I always use one portfolio and tie our two cards to it).

Ugh!! :( Any suggestions would be most appreciated! :o

Edited by 2CruiseCouple

Don't panic. This is done all the time, on Carnival and every other cruise line, in order to get past passenger rates for everyone in your party.

Just check in at the pier as if everything is the way you want it. The person checking you in cannot make any changes, so don't bring it up.

All you have to do is go to the purser's desk and swap key cards. And you're done. You may want to wait until after the muster drill as everyone needs to be at the muster station which is based on their original cabin assignments.

And of course you can set up different Sign & Sail accounts for people in the same cabin.

Not a problem, this is done fairly often. Once onboard, just go to the purser's desk (or whatever it is called now) and change the room keys to the correct ones. No need to pay for name change, etc.

Whew! Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I still think it is kinda weird, but I am the OCD one in our party so I am sure no one else will care.

Don't panic. This is done all the time, on Carnival and every other cruise line, in order to get past passenger rates for everyone in your party.

Just check in at the pier as if everything is the way you want it. The person checking you in cannot make any changes, so don't bring it up.

All you have to do is go to the purser's desk and swap key cards. And you're done. You may want to wait until after the muster drill as everyone needs to be at the muster station which is based on their original cabin assignments.

And of course you can set up different Sign & Sail accounts for people in the same cabin.

Subsequent question...

I am assuming during embarkation it would be easiest to take all four of us to the counter at once since I booked for everyone anyway - thus checking us all in at once so I don't have to confuse my in-law's with the details? Sounds like a stupid question, but I'll make myself a nervous wreck if I don't have a plan going in. Thanks!