What happens if 1 person can't go?

We are looking at booking a family cruise for 4 people in one room. 3 of us are good for the date we want to go, but we are not certain about the 4th. Are you able to change a reservation from 4 people to 3? or would it be considered a cancel and re-book? :confused:

We are looking at booking a family cruise for 4 people in one room. 3 of us are good for the date we want to go, but we are not certain about the 4th. Are you able to change a reservation from 4 people to 3? or would it be considered a cancel and re-book? :confused:

You can remove the 4th person without cancelling. If it's before final payment date, then there's no penalty. After final payment date, they would lose varying amounts of money, depending on how close it is to sailing.

You should also be able to add the 4th person at a later date, at the same rate you originally booked. We just did this.

Thank you for the info. I think I'd rather book for the 4 up front, my worry would be that they would put us in a room designed for 3 people and then we couldn't add the 4th. But so happy to hear that I have this option.

Thank you for the info. I think I'd rather book for the 4 up front, my worry would be that they would put us in a room designed for 3 people and then we couldn't add the 4th. But so happy to hear that I have this option.

Another negative for adding a person later is that the muster station count might get high enough that you could not add another person.

Sigh....not sure if this is going to work anyway. I was looking at Harmony, but there are no pullman bed rooms when you do 4 people, it's all sofa bed (which is an uncomfortable double at best). The pullmans from the ceiling are great, but the sofa bed just doesn't work. Guess I'll have to look at a different cruise.

"The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups. Consult your travel agency or call Royal Caribbean for further details." https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/CTC_Not_For_BR.pdf

What I have been told when I called C&A was that if you cancel the third person in a cabin any time after final, that is before full penalty phase, (for ex, 14 days before sailing on a 7 night cruise) you will get the full fare returned to you. So you would get back fare, taxes and fees for that 3rd person.

Once you enter the full penalty phase, (within those 14 days before sail date) you will only get back taxes and fees. Full penalty phase may be earlier on holiday cruises, for example, 21 days.

There have been a few posts by people that have confirmed this is the case. This would apply to U.S. bookings. Call C&A desk to confirm your individual situation.

Edited by marci22

We were around 30 days before sailing and had the 3rd person considering cancelling. Royal told them they could cancel and still get a full refund since the room would still have double occupancy. We didn't do it though so can't confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app