Booking at Grand Lucayan in Freeport

TxChick

Did you take a taxi there? How long is the ride?

We haven't gone yet, our cruise is in a few weeks! From what I understand taxi vans are easy to get from the port and it's about $10 round trip per person. I also read it's about a 20-30 minute ride. I can let you know when we get home how it was :)

We haven't gone yet, our cruise is in a few weeks! From what I understand taxi vans are easy to get from the port and it's about $10 round trip per person. I also read it's about a 20-30 minute ride. I can let you know when we get home how it was :)

I am wondering too. Watching for your post.

I was there last Friday. There is a shuttle from the port to the Grand Lucayan. It's $10 roundtrip and is about a 15 minute ride. Tell the shuttle driver where you want to go. Ours made a couple stops. We had purchased our day pass through Shore Excursioneer, but it didn't matter. They didn't even look at my papers. There were about 10 people in line to go in. We just handed over $20 and off we went. Make sure when you pay and go through the gate you turn left for the Grand Lucayan. No one told us and we went to the beach on the right and ended up at a different resort! :rolleyes:

The shuttles run every half hour back to the port. They do try to fill the shuttle before they leave.

Have Fun!

I was there last Friday. There is a shuttle from the port to the Grand Lucayan. It's $10 roundtrip and is about a 15 minute ride. Tell the shuttle driver where you want to go. Ours made a couple stops. We had purchased our day pass through Shore Excursioneer, but it didn't matter. They didn't even look at my papers. There were about 10 people in line to go in. We just handed over $20 and off we went. Make sure when you pay and go through the gate you turn left for the Grand Lucayan. No one told us and we went to the beach on the right and ended up at a different resort! :rolleyes:

The shuttles run every half hour back to the port. They do try to fill the shuttle before they leave.

Have Fun!

Is there a name for this shuttle company? We're booked for Grand Lucayan on 6/23 and need transportation to the resort from Freeport. tHX!

We just got back from our cruise. We booked the day pass through the shore excursioneer website. They did look at our paper when we got to the gate. You have to pay cash for the balance. The resort was gorgeous! We loved the beach and it was very clean. The staff were all polite and helpful. We went across the street to the straw market for lunch and enjoyed it as well. We loved our time in Freeport. We caught the shuttle from the port. Our driver was Dwight and he charged us $10 round trip per person. When he dropped us off he told us he would be back at 2, 3, and 4 pm to pick up people. He was there just like he told us. There was a family on the bus on our return trip that had went to the free beach and they had a nice time there as well. I liked the fact that at the Grand Lucayan you had options of beach, pool or sitting inside. It was a great day!

We just got back from our cruise. We booked the day pass through the shore excursioneer website. They did look at our paper when we got to the gate. You have to pay cash for the balance. The resort was gorgeous! We loved the beach and it was very clean. The staff were all polite and helpful. We went across the street to the straw market for lunch and enjoyed it as well. We loved our time in Freeport. We caught the shuttle from the port. Our driver was Dwight and he charged us $10 round trip per person. When he dropped us off he told us he would be back at 2, 3, and 4 pm to pick up people. He was there just like he told us. There was a family on the bus on our return trip that had went to the free beach and they had a nice time there as well. I liked the fact that at the Grand Lucayan you had options of beach, pool or sitting inside. It was a great day!

Thank you so much for posting this. [emoji122]🏻[emoji122]🏻

Glad you enjoyed the day!

We are looking SO forward to this beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting!

What's the difference between a shuttle and a taxi? What kind of vehicle is the shuttle is it a specific company?

They are all taxi vans, at least they were this past Saturday when we were there. All different makes of vehicles and they are all in a taxi pickup area that is easily accessible at port. We got off the ship and people were waiting to take you over there, all very friendly and helpful. Freeport gets a bad rap and I'd read so many bad reviews about it but we loved it and it was a million times better then Nassau!

What's the difference between a shuttle and a taxi? What kind of vehicle is the shuttle is it a specific company?

We just left there the 20th of June. The difference between shuttle and taxi according to our driver (maybe he was self promoting - maybe honest?) Shuttles/mini-buses are $10 per person for a round trip to the market area which is almost right across the street from the entrance to the resort day pass area and very close to the free beach entrance. The shuttle driver told us it was $27 total for two people using a taxi one way in case we used it to return to the port.

Our Shuttle was a smaller white mini buses, they have two seats on one side and one seat on the other. There is a small fold down seat attached to the two seats in case they're needed. We caught ours right out front when you come off the ship to the left. Nothing specific about ours just a small white mini bus. Ask an employee out there with a name tag on where the $10pp shuttles to the market area are.

For our Carnival Victory stop there was a white shade type tent structure set up and everyone just seemed to flow into there...do not go in there, this was for people who had purchased different excursions through Carnival and they all had different colored wrist bands on. Go to the left of the herded people that are under the shade tent structure, and that is where we caught our shuttle.