Navigator Internet Packages - Voom Surf & Stream

EDL

Please be aware that currently on Navigator of the Seas the internet speed is very very slow and more importantly the option to be able to stream video, periscope, use you tube etc is not available.

I am being refunded the cost of the package I bought before coming on board and have been offered 30% off the basic wifi deal.

What's very shocking is that guest services are still selling the surf and stream package despite being fully aware that streaming is not possible..

The service at the moment is rubbish, even to upload photos onto Facebook takes an age.

Obviously this will be sorted out eventually but for now be aware you will not be able to stream on Navigator.

Apart from that the ship is amazing, service and crew fantastic.

Loving this cruise to Norway...

Edited by EDL

Thanks for the update. You couldn't post a Cruise Compass could you? I am interested in the entertainment in the smaller venues.

Hope the slow internet isn't spoiling things too much.

Have a great Cruise.

Thanks for the update. You couldn't post a Cruise Compass could you? I am interested in the entertainment in the smaller venues.

Hope the slow internet isn't spoiling things too much.

Have a great Cruise.

You can get entertainment info from [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

ImageUploadedByForums1464799995.963950.jpg.8bc4a95c5e139b89781fda72fb7d5b8b.jpg

Ship still advertising a service they cannot provide !

Everything else is fantastic !

Entertainment has been good, not as good as the larger modern ships but still very enjoyable.

I am also on Navigator right now, and fully agree, internet is abysmal.

I did notice that although they are selling both the Surf and the Surf & Stream packages, as EDL wrote, they are NOT claiming it as VOOM.

I pre-purchased the Surf for 1 device, and I'm glad I did, but it is painfully slow.

For those wondering, for the pre-paid package, I received a card with my Seapass, giving me an access code to use for the week. I tried (as an academic exercise!) to sign on to 2 devices, and it automatically signs out the first device when you have a 1-device package. Not a problem for us, we aren't on all that much.

The last time I cruised it was much more expensive, for limited minutes, so although it is slow, I am enjoying not having to worry about rationing my time.

I agree, overall it has been a great cruise! Service has been impeccable. Food in the MDR is a bit inconsistent, but the service is outstanding, and we can always find something we like. Sabor was excellent.

The captain announced last night that there are about 2500 Brits aboard, 500 Americans, 135 Irish, and a smattering of other nationalities. Comedian the first night (Andy Wilkins) was just ok, Beatles tribute band last night was excellent, and the magician tonight was outstanding (Paul Dabek). Let me know if you want any other details; it takes too long to upload any pics.

Weather in Bergen today sucked. :rolleyes: Hopefully better in Olden tomorrow!

On my prepaid receipt for wifi it clearly states Voom, customer services are also calling it Voom... Voom it is not. But this is in no way affecting my overall experience on this great ship !

I agree, overall it has been a great cruise! Service has been impeccable. Food in the MDR is a bit inconsistent, but the service is outstanding, and we can always find something we like. Sabor was excellent.

The captain announced last night that there are about 2500 Brits aboard, 500 Americans, 135 Irish, and a smattering of other nationalities. Comedian the first night (Andy Wilkins) was just ok, Beatles tribute band last night was excellent, and the magician tonight was outstanding (Paul Dabek). Let me know if you want any other details; it takes too long to upload any pics.

Weather in Bergen today sucked. :rolleyes: Hopefully better in Olden tomorrow!

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise. Any chance you could tell me who is entertaining in the smaller venues. ie. is there someone playing piano, guitar etc?

Have a great cruise.

On my prepaid receipt for wifi it clearly states Voom, customer services are also calling it Voom... Voom it is not. But this is in no way affecting my overall experience on this great ship !

RCCL are very 'clever' in that they never actually define what Voom is! It appears to me they have renamed their internet service on all ships to Voom. This includes the older slow internet and the newer o3b.

One interesting thing is that they do advertise Voom as the fastest internet on the seas and with the stream package you are supposed to be able to stream video such as NetFlix!!!

Above all keep enjoying your cruise and have a great time.

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise. Any chance you could tell me who is entertaining in the smaller venues. ie. is there someone playing piano, guitar etc?

Have a great cruise.

Hi, yes no problem.. In the Two Poets Pub the guitarist is Jimmy , fantastic entertainer, in the schooner bar it's David Curtis on the piano, the Viking crown (I refuse to call it the Cosmopolitan Club) it's a DJ spinning some classic tunes, Boleros have their Latin band and finally A string quartet spring up every so often on the promenade .

Hi, yes no problem.. In the Two Poets Pub the guitarist is Jimmy , fantastic entertainer, in the schooner bar it's David Curtis on the piano, the Viking crown (I refuse to call it the Cosmopolitan Club) it's a DJ spinning some classic tunes, Boleros have their Latin band and finally A string quartet spring up every so often on the promenade .

Great, thanks very much. DW is learning guitar so loves to see live guitar player.

Have a great cruise.

The thing is Royal re-defined VOOM on May 1 to be whatever internet was currently on each ship.