Best time of year for first Med cruise?

firstcruiserDB

Congratulations on your retirement!

I am still teaching, and so I will not tell you when to go, I will recommend when NOT to go. Last summer hubby and I did the eastern Med, Italy, Greece and Turkey. Loved it all. But we went the end of July. It was hot hot hot. :eek: I love the heat, but 45 degrees Celsius (113 F) in Athens did us in. We could only venture out for 3 hours. So much more to see and enjoy but due to the heat it made excursions quick in most places.

If we weren't bound by the school year, we would go the end of Sept. Friends of ours did our same cruise the first week in Oct and saw everything at a leisurely pace and with less crowds.

Do yourself a favor and go in the fall. Then you won't feel you are missing the back to school rush so much! Enjoy!

May and September are good for the med (unless you want it hot) June can also be OK. July, August are popular holiday times in Europe and countries (e.g. France) can have all August off work (although of course not everyone is on holiday).