Mountain Marvels 7b tour questions Radiance of the Seas

Good afternoon,

We are all ready to go and do a land & sea tour on Radiance of the Seas.

Crazy question, but do the motor coaches and the trains have toilets? :confused:

Not sure how comfortable this will be without! I hear that the Denali park tour buses are park buses and they don't. I was curious about the motor coaches and trains.

I've been on one cruise prior to this, on another cruise line, and we heard this awful creaking noise which turned out to be the stabilizers. Kept me awake at night and it was miserable. :( This time we have a balcony booked. Hoping that we are far enough away from them this time.

Thanks! :)

Any tips for our trip? We're going this month.:o

We did 7B last year.

The train does have a restroom, surprisingly it is a pretty good size.

The tour bus does have a restroom, but they tell you at the beginning of the tour to use the restrooms when you stop along the way if possible as they only empty the one onboard at the end of the tour.

The busses in Denali do not have a restroom, but you stop every 60-90 minutes and there are facilities at all of the stops.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did - it is a fantastic tour!

The one tip I would give you is when you meet with your tour guide the day before your land tour - if you see anything you want to do in the land excursion pamphlet they will give you, to book it as soon as you can as some of the trips or desirable times can fill up quickly. You don't want to go that far and not be able to do or see what you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
We're doing the land tour and then cruise starting July 19. We arrive in Fairbanks on the 18. Any idea of the temperatures that time of year? So hard trying to figure out what to pack!

Both times we have gone have been the end of July. The weather was 65-75 during the day. I wouldn't go crazy packing. I have taken a fleece, a light sweatshirt and a waterproof windbreaker. The combination of these has worked out perfectly for us and others who have done this.

Havin'fun, thank you. I have two 3/4 length shirts, a shirt that goes to my elbows, a long sleeved light shirt, and a zip up fleece for the land part. Figured it will probably be a little cooler in Denali. Then I've got short sleeved shirts and two sweatshirts for the cruise. Also a rain jacket, jeans, and capris. Now just to get all of the land tour stuff in my carry on and the rest under the 50 lb. limit. ;)