Independence of the Seas - Drink package changes

I noticed in the review section several people highlighting changes to pre booked drinks packages once on board and at sea. Sailing on the Indy during July and find it difficult to understand how Royal Caribbean could do this. Booked drink package, gratuities and My Time dining through the travel agent months ago. Can anyone provide more information on this? Also read about confusion when buying drinks in the dining room. Thank you.

McPhin74

I noticed in the review section several people highlighting changes to pre booked drinks packages once on board and at sea. Sailing on the Indy during July and find it difficult to understand how Royal Caribbean could do this. Booked drink package, gratuities and My Time dining through the travel agent months ago. Can anyone provide more information on this? Also read about confusion when buying drinks in the dining room. Thank you.

McPhin74

I haven't seen anything. Where have you seen the reviews. I too have booked drinks packages and would like to know what's happening

Going on Independence from Southampton on July 2nd and have drink's package.

I've been told it is no problem ordering glasses of wine in restaurant etc but obviously don't order bottles as you will be charged.

Also read you can take 2 bottles of wine on board with you at embarkation and take to restaurant, you won't be charged corkage.

I have been on the Inde a few times and have had the drinks packages. We have never experienced ny further charge or trouble form ordering a drink anywhere on the ship. you should have no problems at all.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I was on the Liberty a couple of years ago and no problems then.

drroo

Refer to the reviews of the Independence of the Seas in the reviews section on this site

no down time

Depart on the 2nd of July also. Don't know why I'm bothered about the drinks package because it will be more water than wine this time (getting old!)

Best wishes

McPhin

just back of indy last saturday, no extra charges on drinks package (on our on board account) and drinks packages fully accepted in the MDR.

HI, sorry to interrupt this thread.. Am booked on Independance in the Autumn with my son and grandchildren, have booked the basic soft drink package for them and asking if anyone knows which soft drinks are available? is it just coke and lemonade? and do you need to present the souvenir cup everytime? sorry if this is a daft question its just that it is hard to get answers on the official website.

thanks in advance

Coke sprite lemonade etc are available at the bars.....you don't have to use the cup just show your seapass card at any bar and they'll give you a drink(your card will have a symbol on it showing you've bought the package). Indy doesn't have the drinks machines unfortunately.

HI, sorry to interrupt this thread.. Am booked on Independance in the Autumn with my son and grandchildren, have booked the basic soft drink package for them and asking if anyone knows which soft drinks are available? is it just coke and lemonade? and do you need to present the souvenir cup everytime? sorry if this is a daft question its just that it is hard to get answers on the official website.

thanks in advance

Typical soft drink flavors available with the soda package at bars and restaurants: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

• 8 months later...
What drinks are free? I was told iced tea , lemonade, and regular (not bottles) water? Where would these be? is this accurate/ We don't drink soda, nor alcohol.

Drinks included in your basic cruise fare: tap water, regular coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast. These are available at food venues.