12 Night British Isles on Caribbean Princess

clbkatz

Anyone who has been on this cruise have any of the dinner menus? I am going in August and would like to see the menus for each night so I can make a few decisions on some evening activities. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Do not have menus but have found them to normal Princess fare,

with may be one night with a UK theme per week,

yours Shogun

Just off the Caribbean Princess last week . . . our waiters told us the menus were changed after leaving Houston . . . probably to reflect more European tastes . . . seemed to be less starters . . . scallops offered every night it seemed . . . sorry, didn't think to take photos of menus.

Just off the Caribbean Princess last week . . . our waiters told us the menus were changed after leaving Houston . . . probably to reflect more European tastes . . . seemed to be less starters . . . scallops offered every night it seemed . . . sorry, didn't think to take photos of menus.

How was your weather on that cruise?

How was the weather on this British Isle cruise?

How was the weather on this British Isle cruise?

It rained most of the day at Guernsey and most of the day at LeHavre/Paris but was quite good the rest of the cruise. It was always cool near the docks and a bit windy requiring a light jacket but inland it warmed up and a good deal of the time I wore shirt sleeves . . . at sea, it was quite windy and brisk whenever on the promenade.

We spent three days in London prior to the cruise and it rained one day - we were pleased with the weather. There were several days I would have been comfortable in shorts . . .

It rained most of the day at Guernsey and most of the day at LeHavre/Paris but was quite good the rest of the cruise. It was always cool near the docks and a bit windy requiring a light jacket but inland it warmed up and a good deal of the time I wore shirt sleeves . . . at sea, it was quite windy and brisk whenever on the promenade.

We spent three days in London prior to the cruise and it rained one day - we were pleased with the weather. There were several days I would have been comfortable in shorts . . .

Thanks for the information, appreciate it...I am on the July 7th sailing!

Thanks for the information, appreciate it...I am on the July 7th sailing!

You are welcome . . . enjoy your cruise . . . we had a great time . . . I wrote a review but it hasn't posted for some reason . . . we are planning on returning for more time in Ireland and Scotland . . .

We are doing this itinerary soon, would you mind telling me if there is shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion provided in the cabin? Many thanks

The shower has one dispenser with a combined shampoo & conditioner which many have reported is not very good.

The shower also has one dispenser with shower gel. You can also get a soap bar if you wish.

A tube of lotion should be on the counter next to the sink. If you run out, ask your steward for more.

Edited by caribill

We're elite for the first time soon and the info says we get "upgraded" bathroom amenities. What exactly does this mean? Do we get a different "make" of shampoo etc or something else?

Thanks

We were in a window suite and had "upgraded" amenities which were the Princess Lotus Spa shampoo, body gel, conditioner, and lotion. They were in individual containers so that is what I am assuming "upgraded" means.

We're elite for the first time soon and the info says we get "upgraded" bathroom amenities. What exactly does this mean? Do we get a different "make" of shampoo etc or something else?

Thanks

The stuff in the shower is the same, but in addition you get (in a bag) :

Shower cap

Cotton buds

Cotton Wool

Lotus Spa conditioner

eye gel mask

emery board

wash mitt

2 x smart shield spf30 lip balm.

I have a drawer full of those bags, never use the stuff.

Thanks for all the replies. If there is anyone going on this cruise soon, if possible, could you take pics of the menus each evening? That would be so helpful. I hate making a reservation for specialty dining then come to see the dinner at the main restaurant is something I would like to have tried. Thanks so much!