Pride of America-cabin and deck

oceandream

Aloha. What would be your recommandation for a quiet location deck and cabin on POA? We intend to spend lots of time on the ship just to enjoy.

"We intend to spend lots of time on the ship just to enjoy". You are killing me, oceandream.:eek:

I hope you have been to Hawaii, many, many, many times and have really seen it all. Otherwise, to spend "lots of time on the ship" is a true crime. Hawaii is the closest thing to paradise I have ever seen. Nothing else compares. It would be a shame to spend premo cruise $$s to cruise there, not to mention the flight $, and then to spend it looking at the inside of a ship. Better to instead book the most expensive cabin on a cheap Caribbean itinerary, for the same money, so that you can truly enjoy the ship.

Most POA cruisers plan to do quite the opposite of your plan, spending very little time on the ship, and instead spending very long days exploring the islands at their leisure, even having dinner ashore on the overnights.

Since there are no sea days and sailing is at night, cabin choice and view matters little. I would not book a cabin under a public deck or venue due to overhead noise. Cabins above and below. If you have a balcony, port side is preferable for the Na Pali coast sail by after leaving port the second day on Kauai, but you can always view from a public deck, and some prefer that in any case. Aft facing cabins are always nice with that very relaxing aft wake view and waterfall like sound and 180* view.

If money is no object, book a suite for butler service including meals in cabin, concierge, priority boarding and tendering, debarkation, daily canapés and treats served in cabin, special invites, private dining room for breakfast and lunches.

Edited by punkincc