10-28-05 Call from Alison (aka Scuba with Alison)

KaC-Cruiser

Posted the info under Cozumel, as more activity going on at that site right now .... however, here's a link ........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=248981

Otherwise Alison sounds great, and is just waiting for divers to come back .... she's been told cruise ships will start arriving on Nov. 15th!! Contact info for her is on the other thread .......

Someone zapped your thread on the Cozumel board. There's nothing there now. Your link goes nowhere. I would like to hear more as we were going to be booking with Alison for next spring. I saw wher 50% of the dive boats were sunk by alpha (or beta...I've lost track).

Someone zapped your thread on the Cozumel board. There's nothing there now. Your link goes nowhere. I would like to hear more as we were going to be booking with Alison for next spring. I saw wher 50% of the dive boats were sunk by alpha (or beta...I've lost track).
Not sure what happened, but here's the gist of the post ....

Was surprised (and delighted) to get another call from Alison today!! She sounded 100% back to her wild & crazy self. Although she still has no power or running water, her phone is now working, so she can receive calls (if she's there - of course the answering machine won't work - no power!)

Anyway .... her & the guys have the boat ready to roll and she's eager to go diving as soon as she can. (She moved the boat 2 miles inland before the storm hit, so the boat has not a scratch!) Word is they are planning to open the island to cruise ships starting on Nov 15th ..... but it will likely be longer before they bring hotel guests in .... I'm scheduled to dive with her on Nov. 26th, so I'm hoping we get to stop ....

Since power in her area may be down for some time, she has no access to her e-mail - so her phone is her link to the outside world right now - she lists her ph # on her website - I know a few people posted they had tried to e-mail her but her only outside contact so far is the phone - I'm sure she's be thrilled with a call from the outside world ...... Her mom has been updating the dive log on the 'Scuba with Alison' website, so you can always get good info there - a lot of how things went thru the storm, and what's going on now.

Archived