Breakaway and weather

Harleysparents

Hmmm, we are in New Jersey, no state of emergency

here yet, and airport is also open, weather here

right now is beautiful. Just get on board,

and let the Captain and his crew do the rest.

No sense worrying about something

you can't controll!

Everything will be fine

Marion

Ok I take it back, Governor of New Jersey

did declare a State of Emerceny, but right now

only for certain county's

They will not cancel the cruise. Changes of ports, change of port time, change of embarkcation port and/or time yes. Cancel no, that is what insurance is for.

2012 Hurricane Sandy, left Brooklyn (Princess) for Bermuda, turned left within 16 hours was tied up in Boston with 23 lines and two tug boats holding us to the pier in 90knot winds. Other cruiselines tried to make Bermuda and had problems. An NCL ship, not the Dawn who is homeported in Boston came up from Florida as Boston was the first port open they could reprovision.

As to the next sailing, they told everyone that it was still on even with Manhattan without power you were to get there and sail on the repo cruise.

2014 Hurricane Arthur was supposed to go to Saint Johns NB, that time never made the left, went to Bermuda for the the day.

The ship will sail...

I was on that Princess ship during Sandy, we had our passports stamped at the terminal and were led to believe we were going to Canada; it was only after a comedian joked about "spending thousands on a suite going to Boston" that the truth came out. :(

Ok just off the ship and the first two days were a bit rough with 25-27 foot seas. Our daughter was ill the first night but it actually wasn't Neely as bad as expected. Our meds worked well and the captain did a great job of letting everyone know what to expect. The cruise wS fantastic and I'm only sorry I worried so much before we left

Ok just off the ship and the first two days were a bit rough with 25-27 foot seas. Our daughter was ill the first night but it actually wasn't Neely as bad as expected. Our meds worked well and the captain did a great job of letting everyone know what to expect. The cruise wS fantastic and I'm only sorry I worried so much before we left

I'm so glad and happy for you thst all went well

and that you had a great cruise. I know listen

to the words of my husband when I start to worry

about things"only worry about things you can control,

and weather is not one of those things"

Marion