Carnical Hub on Ecstasy

Guineaman

Sorry—that would be CarniVal Hub

Looks like Carnival Hub is now on Ecstasy. I just installed it on all of our DE-vices. Will see how/if it works.

Leaving for the cruise terminal in 28 minutes(!) but who's counting? I see a little splash of blue sky popping out. Yea.

I view our cruise as a "stress test." Which will break first: Cheers or me? Oorah!

Edited by Guineaman
Typo as usual

Sorry—that would be CarniVal Hub

Looks like Carnival Hub is now on Ecstasy. I just installed it on all of our DE-vices. Will see how/if it works.

Leaving for the cruise terminal in 28 minutes(!) but who's counting? I see a little splash of blue sky popping out. Yea.

I view our cruise as a "stress test." Which will break first: Cheers or me? Oorah!

I thought the hub/wifi service was pretty good. We paid $70 for five days and could use it anywhere on the ship. We stayed at a Marriott in NYC last month, and the WIFI was $16/night and slower than on Ecstasy. I'm not a video or music streamer.

One you've bought your WIFI package, we found it useful to use the Carnival Hub app to manage switching between your different devices (i.e. my wife's and my iPad). When you're done with your device, be sure to type logout.com into your browser. That tells Carnival's server to disconnect your device. Then you can easily connect with the other device(s).

I thought the hub/wifi service was pretty good. We paid $70 for five days and could use it anywhere on the ship. We stayed at a Marriott in NYC last month, and the WIFI was $16/night and slower than on Ecstasy. I'm not a video or music streamer.

One you've bought your WIFI package, we found it useful to use the Carnival Hub app to manage switching between your different devices (i.e. my wife's and my iPad). When you're done with your device, be sure to type logout.com into your browser. That tells Carnival's server to disconnect your device. Then you can easily connect with the other device(s).

Glad the package worked out for you. Some have complained about the signals being dependent on your location.

Thanks for the feedback.

We were on the same sailing. Hub was pretty good. I loved having all of the "what's happening" information available on my phone. The big deal for us was the ability to text with out 13 and 11 yr old kids. However, I have to say that the texting was a little spotty. It only works if you keep the app open. (that's easy enough) But even then...sometimes it seemed like texts just didn't come through sometimes, and you needed to close/re-open it. (We actually tested this on mine and my husband's phones...sitting right next to each other.) But overall...it was great to be able to (mostly) stay in touch, and I would definitely spend $5 per person again each and every time it's available on one of our cruises!

• 2 weeks later...

We have put Carvial Hub on our phones and plan to use them only for texting each other on the ship. I understand that you put your phone on Airplane Mode and it's a $5 one time fee for "chat". For anyone that has used it, is this correct? I don't want to come home to a big cell phone bill !!! Thanks!

We have put Carvial Hub on our phones and plan to use them only for texting each other on the ship. I understand that you put your phone on Airplane Mode and it's a $5 one time fee for "chat". For anyone that has used it, is this correct? I don't want to come home to a big cell phone bill !!! Thanks!

The texting option works for everyone in your party and there is a five dollar charge per phone. We were on the Ecstasy September 12-17. The texts to my daughter came through every time. It worked well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk