HAL, Nieu Amsterdam, Sept 24 2016, FOD Squad

cruisenewbie212

Eager first-time cruiser here with my reluctant partner who is also a first-timer. We read the great stuff regarding HAL cruises and we are looking forward to relaxing, enjoying nature and hopefully making a new friend or two. We are pretty laid back but I'm up for just about anything, as I'm in the midst of mid-life crises and or a FOD on the verge of nervous breakdown. I think we are near the top of the ship just below the crows nest??? or something that. I'll buy you a drink if you are nice to a couple of vulnerable 50+ cruisenewbies and FODs :):eek: Have a great cruise whatever your preferences! Dave

Hi Dave,

2 friends and I will be taking this cruise up to Alaska with you.

I have been on many cruises before and they are just getting into it recently.

I hadn't seen anyone posting on here about this cruise yet so I was fearful that we were going to be the only gays in the village!

We're all in our early to mid 50's with one of my friends celebrating his 55th birthday on Thursday during the cruise!

Looking forward to meeting you guys, and hopefully others during the FOD gatherings. We are up on the 8th floor (navigation I think), in a Neptune Suite!

(my first time in anything like that!)

Allen

Hi Allen, Glad you contacted us. Luis's buddy did the cruise in June and said he loved it. He mentioned FOD subversives but I too was losing hope until your email :)

I think we are 10th level balcony - above the pool and below the Crow's Nest bartender turned our buddy onto FOD. Feel free to join us in the Crow's 9:00 PM for a kick-off drink or coffee etc.

Happy cruising regardless!

Dave - dstewart212@gmail.com