Prince William and Kate near Vancouver Cruise Ship Terminal Sun Sept 25

Milhouse

Heads up on a very busy day around Canada Place on Sunday Sept 25.

Not only will there be a heavy three ships in port but the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Prince William and Kate) will be in town. They are at scheduled to be down the street from the terminal at Jack Poole Plaza in Vancouver at 10:45 a.m. if you're interested in checking it out. It'll likely be a gong show in terms of crowds though.

It sounds like the road in front of Canada Place and Convention Centre will be closed from 10:15 am to 11:15 am. Not sure what impact that will have on taxis entering and exiting the cruise ship terminal which is located on one end of the street.

While they may close Canada Place Way and the roadway near the Convention Center - they will likely have to leave the Howe Street entrance to Canada Place open.

Whether it is a running race or Canada Day I don't know of a situation where they have closed that particular entrance/exit.

There may be a security check point screening vehicles coming and going but I can't see or think of a situation where they would close that exit.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

It's specified the closure is at 1000 Canada Place - terminal is 999, i.e. Howe Street access will definitely remain open.

Further, according to Capilano folks they will continue to operate the free shuttle from the Canada Place stop as normal so that tells me any actual barrier will be further along, possible even allowing access (maybe just outbound) at the Burrard intersection (or the shuttles are pulling a U-turn while there's no other traffic and going back out on Howe).

Kind of odd that the Capilano shuttle would still operate the free shuttle in front of Canada Place as normal with the road closed.

Last weekend weekend when we went for a walk after we dropped off friends at the port. Heading to Canada Place though the Howe and Cordova intersection was a gong show (way easier access though going the opposite direction on Thurlow). They moved all the shuttle stops to Cordova. With the additional chaos, I can't see why they wouldn't want to move the shuttles again.

20160918_145649a.jpg.2186a65d743484ce4cdd34e427fec889.jpg

In talking to a tour/limo driver friend of mine over coffee this evening he stated the barricades start by the West Convention Center which indicated to him that it is the area west of there that will be impacted so as Martincath indicated won't affect access via Howe Street

As for the free shuttles - it has been my experience on three ship days that they move one block south and operate from Cordova just because of the number of people coming and going from Canada Place so don't be surprise if their sales customer service reps aren't stationed outside Canada Place directing you there.

Cheers!

Dennis