Planning first solo cruise

gottacruisemore

From what I understand there is a solo get together and dining can be arranged from there should you wish. I know someone talked about it earlier. Hopefully someone its experience will chime in.

I have done a number of solo cruises over the years and I enjoyed them very much. Then the trend for open dining came and it was uncomfortable for me. I had always had an assigned table and I enjoyed being free as a bird all day, but then coming together with my table mates at night.

For those of you who have booked the NCL Studios, is it already arranged to dine with other solos or is this by request? Thanks.

I was on epic Mediterranean in may 2014, did the 3 day then 7 day. The solo lounge meets once a day which varies on ports, always announced in the daily itinerary They have a list of dining and times which they have separate cruise staff reserve a table and you can sign up. During the meetings they would ask and help us get a group and reservations. They had dinner with us too. We could also put requests if someone wanted to go to A specialty restaurant or the main dining room and have others sign up. I met so many people on that cruise that I always had someone to do something with. Many of us had talked a lot on the boards booking the private tours that we got to know each other a little from here so we had some stuff to talk about in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums