Just Got off Carnival Dream from 10/9 Sailing, answering questions.

If your just looking for an inexpensive room for the night and not in town, I stay at the "Red Roof Inn" near the airport. It is only 12 miles from downtown, recently renovated (it used to be a Sleep Inn). There is a police station behind it and a Wendys next door, on the other side of the Highway are numerous other restaurants. I have reservation for January 7, 2017 for $85 / night $99 after taxes. Nice breakfast in the morning. If you want to party the night before the cruise and want to stay in town, book something on Canal or Bourbon Street and spend $200 and another $30 for parking.

Very concerned about cabin temperature as I have heard the cabins can be very hot. How was your experience??

We were on Deck 8 in an extended balcony a few weeks ago and the cabin was very cool. My husband thought it was perfect, I actually got cold a few times. We didn't even unpack the fan we brought.

We were also on this cruise. We had an aft balcony cabin on Deck 8. We were not, however, given the option of turn down service morning and evening. Our cabin steward told us to "pick" morning or evening, not both - He had 36 cabins to clean. All beds were hard as a rock with the exception of my husband's side. Needless to say, we asked for numerous blankets to try and soften them. It took about a day or so for the cabin to cool down and once it did the cabin temperature was very nice and cool.

The Gulf was very rough the first two days (wind sheer from Matthew I'm guessing) and also the last sea day. I've cruised on the Gulf several times and never seen the white caps like that before. My kids never get sick cruising but this time my daughter did. It was not fun.

We did an excursion in Montego Bay to Dolphin Cove and Doctor Cave's beach. While it was a nice excursion, the Dolphin Cove wasn't worth the money but Doctor Cave's beach was. The beach was absolutely gorgeous! Grand Cayman we did another excursion (Deluxe Stingray) and it was worth MORE than what we paid for! We'd do it all over again. Cozumel just got off and shopped for a bit since we've been there a few times.

I booked this ship because my daughter wanted to sail on it (and some of her friends had in the past and talked it up). I have to say that none of us were impressed with the Dream. I really thought it being a 3 year old ship it would be fabulous but there's lots of wear and tear and she needs some repairs. Our cabinet door to the safe was falling off its hinges, the curtain to the balcony was just gross and the safe didn't work. Honestly, I expected more from a 3 year old ship.

All in all we had a great vacation but out of all our sailings, the Triumph takes the Gold!

We were also on this cruise. We had an aft balcony cabin on Deck 8. We were not, however, given the option of turn down service morning and evening. Our cabin steward told us to "pick" morning or evening, not both - He had 36 cabins to clean. All beds were hard as a rock with the exception of my husband's side. Needless to say, we asked for numerous blankets to try and soften them. It took about a day or so for the cabin to cool down and once it did the cabin temperature was very nice and cool.

The Gulf was very rough the first two days (wind sheer from Matthew I'm guessing) and also the last sea day. I've cruised on the Gulf several times and never seen the white caps like that before. My kids never get sick cruising but this time my daughter did. It was not fun.

We did an excursion in Montego Bay to Dolphin Cove and Doctor Cave's beach. While it was a nice excursion, the Dolphin Cove wasn't worth the money but Doctor Cave's beach was. The beach was absolutely gorgeous! Grand Cayman we did another excursion (Deluxe Stingray) and it was worth MORE than what we paid for! We'd do it all over again. Cozumel just got off and shopped for a bit since we've been there a few times.

I booked this ship because my daughter wanted to sail on it (and some of her friends had in the past and talked it up). I have to say that none of us were impressed with the Dream. I really thought it being a 3 year old ship it would be fabulous but there's lots of wear and tear and she needs some repairs. Our cabinet door to the safe was falling off its hinges, the curtain to the balcony was just gross and the safe didn't work. Honestly, I expected more from a 3 year old ship.

All in all we had a great vacation but out of all our sailings, the Triumph takes the Gold!

The Dream is 7 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by ccdaniel2707

First....In two days, the Carnival Dream would have launched 8 years ago. She is due for dry dock in January....so, your "opinions" are a bit skewed on facts.

Secondly....Perhaps, writing your own review for people to peruse, would be a bit more tactful, rather than hijacking someone else's thoughtful gesture to answer questions. ;)