The Liberty Sits In Galveston.

BallFour4

If they don't know they can provide a service for which they already received payment, they should say what they know, give their best % guess of the likelihood that next two cruises will proceed as planed and offer those affected the opportunity to bail out with appropriate compensation.

I couldn't agree more. Consider this; every ship, every plane and bus has a % failure rate and that trip could be at risk. The Liberty has experienced more than its average share of problems. Who knows, it might the water down here. The Celebration had problems, the Triumph and now this. This is more than that, Carnival has intelligent people working round the clock on this ship and the most recent sailing caught them off guard. They had full faith the repairs could be done.

It's hard to fathom how much an economic impact having a ship sit at the pier is having on a company held by shareholders. It's akin to someone getting knocked down and saying "I'm good" and we know better. I hope it gets right and stays right. My wife and I are sailing again on the Liberty soon. If you want to give odds, I'd say the Thursday sailing has a better chance of not making it than an average cruise. But, when you are in the people pleasing business, and you've ticked off thousands they are willing to gamble a little (a lot) with at least a better chance than not the cruise will make.

I wonder if they will do a sea trial in the next couple of days if she's fixed? A fuel barge was along side yesterday, and today the webcam operator is fixated with other things...

Edited by BallFour4

We also sail on the 19th. We considered moving to the Breeze on the 20th. But would suffer cancellation fees so decided to wait it out. We were told by carnival (not that it's a fact) that the ship would be fixed by the 14th. I don't see the cruise on the 10 th happening but hope for the sailers it does. I also wish carnival would give more notice for these people. But it's hard to do and they are considering their bottom line in dollars.

We are supposed to be sailing on the 19th, and as long as i'm given the option to cancel if the ship is not up to snuff (sailing, but with an altered itinerary) I'll be fine. Too late in the game to schedule something else, so that 's a bummer. And while I've never had problems in my previous sailings (we were on the Triumph a month before it's big issue) getting on a ship that has exhibited chronic problems this season doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I couldn't agree more. Consider this; every ship, every plane and bus has a % failure rate and that trip could be at risk. The Liberty has experienced more than its average share of problems. Who knows, it might the water down here. The Celebration had problems, the Triumph and now this. This is more than that, Carnival has intelligent people working round the clock on this ship and the most recent sailing caught them off guard. They had full faith the repairs could be done.

It's hard to fathom how much an economic impact having a ship sit at the pier is having on a company held by shareholders. It's akin to someone getting knocked down and saying "I'm good" and we know better. I hope it gets right and stays right. My wife and I are sailing again on the Liberty soon. If you want to give odds, I'd say the Thursday sailing has a better chance of not making it than an average cruise. But, when you are in the people pleasing business, and you've ticked off thousands they are willing to gamble a little (a lot) with at least a better chance than not the cruise will make.

I wonder if they will do a sea trial in the next couple of days if she's fixed? A fuel barge was along side yesterday, and today the webcam operator is fixated with other things...

Bet they do better job notifying the folks who they buy their perishables from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums