Azura still at Ponta Delgada - awaiting spare part

gojocruise

My son and his girlfriend are on the Azura at the moment. They rang from Ponta Delgada where it was pouring with rain. Determined to make the most of the situation they used the extra day to hire mopeds and visit the twin crater lakes. They got a poor view because of the weather, but said they had a lot of fun despite getting a good soaking. Evidently the captain assured them they could make up a lot of the time and would not miss St. Martin. They arrived late but they made it. As Patsy Flower said "Better late than never!"

Our friends are also on the ship and said they finally managed to get off the ship at 1.30pm so quite a while behind schedule.

They said that the ship had been rocking and rolling so doesn't sound like they have had great weather for the crossing.

After the problems with the engines I think they are relieved to have made it to St Maarten.

Here's hoping they have a good few days in their next ports.

We sailed late as there was a problem with some people on tour. We set off about 21:30 so got into St Lucia about 3 hours late.

Lovely weather here right now and they are extending our stay until 8pm tonight.

It threw it down with rain at the Caribbean buffet last night!

The captain also left the ship at st marteen to go on paternity leave as his wife gave birth while we were half way across the Atlantic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums