gratuities/service fee

disneyfans4

As we are from the uk and the exchange rates are not good for us at the moment i am thinking of paying for the gratuities/service fee in usd/cash

as i have some from previous holidays. Can anybody tell what the cash deposit will be for the two of us.

many thanks.

Gratuities on DCL are $12 per guest per night of cruise. If your cruise is one week, that would be $84 per person, which is $168 for two of you.

DCL will accept any amount you wish as a deposit on your account. If you place a cash deposit, you can have the cash refunded at the end of the cruise. They typically ask for a $400 deposit per account, but you are under no obligation to place that much on the account. Just be aware that you will be notified when you have spent the amount you place and you'll need to go to Guest Services to apply additional funds.

You do not need to place any funds on your account before you make any charges. You are given a set amount that can be charged before you have to pay that off to begin charging again. The amount is based on the length of cruise and you will be advised of the amount when you check in and tell them you want a cash account instead of placing a credit card on your account. I believe it's $300 for cruises under 7 days and those 7 days and longer it is $500.