STAR pub crawl and martini

sanmarcosguy

We are leaving for the Mexican Riviera on the Star next week, and I have been reading some reviews. I was curious if anyone had anymore info on the pub crawl and martini thing. Do they do these every night? Which nights if not? Are there drink specials on the pub crawl? What is it? Do you just hit every bar on the ship? And the Martini clinic or whatever it is called sounds like a good deal for $5, what exactly is it? Thanks in advance for any info you have.

Ken

We were just on the 10/16 sailing on the Star. Didnt do the Pub Crawl but we did the Martini Clinics, all 3 of them. They were held from 5-6pm in the Star Bar on sea days. Each session was $5/pp and had tastings (about 3/4 full of a small martini glass) of 4 different martinis along with brief story/history or jokes etc about the drinks. The first session was classic martini's (old school 007 types) and the other 2 sessions were designer and dessert martinis. There are only 8 or 9 stools at the bar so get there about 10 minutes early if you can - everyone else had to stand around behind the stools or off to the side.

It was fun and a great way to taste the different types/styles of martinis and find out what you like/dont like. Any other questions, just let me know.

Archived