Questions from First Time Cruiser

lulu414

On January 11, my family (husband, 18 month old son, mom, dad, sister and brother) and I will be heading out of Miami for our first ever cruise! I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can help me with!

1) If I reserve a cruise activity (e.g. port excursion, dining) but need to cancel later on, do I incur a cancellation fee? Also, it looks like the cost of the activity is charged only once on board, is that an accurate assumption?

2) I've read that you can bring your own snorkeling equipment for Castaway Cay-are there certain specifications that I should be aware of before purchasing the equipment?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions as I dig deeper into the planning process! Any tips that you may have would be very much appreciated!

You are correct that cancelations are OK up to 3 days before embarkation. Yes, you are charged on your onboard account, so you'll pay when you are on the ship.

There are no requirements for your own snorkel equipment. You are required to wear one of their snorkel vests which are available at no charge (at Gil's, on various posts, at the lifeguard stations, etc.) You do not have to inflate the vest, but you must wear it. And, while I don't think it is on line, you can also rent fins only and bring your own snorkel and face mask--just another option if those fins are too heavy for your luggage.