No more holds?

mygrace777

I was searching for a last minute cruise, one of my choosing, and then one popped up that caught my interest. I went through the process of booking so I could put it on hold for 24 hours, but that option was not there. Did they do away with that? I loved having that so I could get my ducks in a row before paying. The cruise is in 1 month, today, so I was wondering, do prices go down the closer to sailing?

I was searching for a last minute cruise, one of my choosing, and then one popped up that caught my interest. I went through the process of booking so I could put it on hold for 24 hours, but that option was not there. Did they do away with that? I loved having that so I could get my ducks in a row before paying. The cruise is in 1 month, today, so I was wondering, do prices go down the closer to sailing?

Holds on RC's website have been eliminated for many sailings, but they still exist. I believe the typical Caribbean sailings from Florida are more likely to have the hold missing.

Travel agents can still hold cruises for you, many times for more than 24 hours.

Okay, so RC has no more 24 hour hold options when booking. Oh well. But, do the rates go down or up the closer to sailing. I know it depends on the cabins left, but in general.

In general, the rates go up, down, and stay the same.

Okay, so RC has no more 24 hour hold options when booking. Oh well. But, do the rates go down or up the closer to sailing. I know it depends on the cabins left, but in general.

To clarify, there are no more holds on US based Caribbean sailings, all others still allow holds. In lieu of a hold you would place deposit, which is refundable. And as clarea said there is no way of predicting price changes - I have seen price changes go up, down, and stay the same as the cruise approaches.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

In Australia you can still "hold" as I did so on Friday afternoon.

I was having difficulty with retaining a cabin on hold if I put in my C&A number. If I didn't put it in, it held:rolleyes: I rang Royal and was told that it was a glitch but that glitch went on for some time. It does now seem to be okay, hence the hold on Friday.

I cannot use Internet Explorer or Chrome to access Royal Caribbean's site at the moment. It comes up as "Denied Access". I thought my husband had done something to my computer to stop me booking cruises:eek: I am now only able to use Firefox.

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi