Hadicap accessibilty on Coral Princess

warrior69

Just returned for a wonderful 10-day cruise to the Panama Canal on Coral Princess and wanted to share some observations regarding handicapped access.

Our stateroom (Caribe 618) was excellent. Plenty of room (200 sq ft. approx), the a roomy bathroom (25 sq. ft.). The balcony was very spacious (100 sq. ft.) about twice the size of the balconies for regular staterooms.

The thing to be aware of though is that the handicap accessibility in the public areas is more problematic. With the exception of 3 or 4 doors on the Lido Deck, none of the other doors has automatic opening features, which means in can be a hassle for someone in a wheelchair to get through the door unless there's someone there to assist. The same is true of the public lavatories. All public toilets have handicap-accessibility features, but they are still a challenge for someone in a wheelchair. The doors into the restrooms have no automatic door openers. (We found some restroom doors were being held open permanently with robber door stoppers.) Once inside it can be tricky maneuvering a wheelchair into the handicap stall. The stalls themselves are good-sized though.

I should mention that the staff is very attentive to passengers with limited mobility and will help in any way possible.

I've attached some photos of the stateroom to give you an idea of the how spacious it was.

StateroomPhoto1.jpg.834aad41b7c7412bfea2ce093c665547.jpg

StateroomPhoto2.jpg.3d20e6deaba5b02fcc3a7f6405ea8260.jpg

StateroomPhoto3.jpg.f92db50e1bad47c60b132ee65cdb296a.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I have mobility issues and walk with a cane. I also have problems holding onto the door on entry/exit at disabled restroom. I can imagine the more difficult it is for those on wheelchair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by easyboy