Children tipping ( sorry for another tipping thread)

louthebowler

It has been a few years since I was on P and O and only recently started taking our grandson cruising. He is 10 and on RCI he had to pay the same as us if I remember correctly. I'm not trying to start yet another debate on tipping, just confused as to what we will pay. Hubby and I are in one cabin and daughter and grandson in another. Although we took our grandson on a cruise last year, our daughter has never cruised and wants to try it too! We may have started something we will live to regret!! Anyway, on the P and O website it only mentions children over 12 paying £5.50 , no mention for anyone younger. Our daughter wants to know the cost of things and this is one I'm not sure about.

I was going to purchase onboard credit as I have on other cruiselines as its good to have things paid for before the holiday, but P and O website says any credit purchased is non refundable? I don't understand why when it's my money, it's not free obc. sorry, I've started rambling, I do have this habit of thinking of other things while typing. I will stop now:)

Children under 12 years of age on P&O UK are not charged anything in relation to auto gratuities (tips). This is how the cruise line has organised things. You could give the Youth Team some cash if you felt it was appropriate and have made good use of the club and think it was excellent - that would be up to you.

Regards John

I had a similar situation when I wanted to buy OBC, once I found out it was non refundable I didn't do it just in case. In the last couple of years they have introduced the ability to pay on your credit card for trips, spa sessions and speciality dining in advance using the cruise personaliser, so this may help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Florry

Children under 12 years of age on P&O UK are not charged anything in relation to auto gratuities (tips). This is how the cruise line has organised things. You could give the Youth Team some cash if you felt it was appropriate and have made good use of the club and think it was excellent - that would be up to you.

Regards John

Yes, I suppose giving the youth team something is a good idea, that's if he decides to use the club.

Yes, I suppose giving the youth team something is a good idea, that's if he decides to use the club.

Enrollment has become almost obligatory as has having your children tagged with the colour coded muster station wrist band. My daughter hated the wrist band and kept taking it off, I think the scheme was over the top and not sure if it continues.

Regards John