kids club

jacks1102

My son is five years old. We are not traveling with any other children in our group. He wants to go to the kids club but is a little hesitant to stay there by himself. Would I be allowed to stay with him at the kids club for an hour or two? Or do I have to leave him there by himself? He'll be fine by himself after he feels comfortable so I'm not planning on staying each day, just the first time we go there. Does anyone know? I checked the princess website and it wasn't very clear.

Hello. We're going on the ruby in Feb and taking our 2 boys (2-1/2 and 8 mon). I called princess yesterday about this same question. Since our oldest is just under the min age, I was wondering if we could take him to play and stay with him. She told me that we could so I would assume that you could take your son and stay with him for a bit as well. Im sure you're not the first parent to want to do that! Obviously, I can't say for certain since we don't have first hand experience but just letting you know what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello!

When we brought our daughter (then 3 yrs old), we were allowed to stay with her as long as we liked. This was on the Royal in November 2015. She was one of only twelve 3 to 12 year olds on board!

However, we didn't need to stay long as she saw other things she wanted to do and a couple of other kids to play with (I think the low numbers helped). After that first day, she didn't want anything to do with us. Every morning she would ask, "Is the playground open yet?" Yup, my 3 year old ditched me. :p I hope your child has an equally wonderful time.

Thank you both! I hope he has a good time. We are going to Alaska so there definitely won't be much for him to do on the ship except for the kids club! I am hoping for low numbers as well as he gets overwhelmed very easily with large groups of kids. I know he will LOVE Alaska. I am just hoping he will have lots to do in the kids club area. Our ship has a covered pool and he loves swimming so he will enjoy that also. Thanks so much!

You didn't say when you're sailing, but once school starts getting out (by June) and until it starts up again in most places (some places mid-August, some right after Labor day), there should be many children in all of the age groups. The Alaskan cruises are very family-friendly (especially due to the wildlife you can see). But it's also a port-intensive cruise so during port stays, there won't be many in the kids' area (when my daughter was 7 in 2004, parents had to sign up for port kid-sitting ahead of time)

Under 3, a parent will have to stay with their child, and there may be selected times. I do remember back when we would cruise on carnival, that parents usually weren't allowed past the door, but not sure about Princess (my daughter was 5 on her first Princess cruise, and it wasn't a problem leaving her).

definitely take your child for the orientation so he can meet the other kids in his age group. Maybe after meeting the potential new friends, he may not need you there. You should get a packet of info in your cabin that will include a daily schedule of activities and it might help if you read them to him. Of course, if he wants to use the pool, then it's with you....the kids' staff does not take the kids to the pool.

I think that because Princess allows parents of children under 3 in the kids club, they will probably be flexible about allowing all parents in the kids club. 4 years ago, my 2 year old was on the Coral Princess. The kids club did a great job with him, and allowed him to visit anytime they were open with parental supervision. They did note that on the previous week (Christmas) since there were so many kids and their kids club is really small, they had to limit parents to one at a time for children under 3, and the kids club was really structured. On our cruise (9 kids total, 2 under the age of 3) they always had a planned activity but were very flexible and let the kids do anything else they wanted to do.

Edited by kitkat343