Wine Makers Dinner

ksm77

Swapped over and read the review. Thanks for the heads-up about MDR woes. We're set for 6pm traditional but if service not up to par, we already have our "Plan B" in place!!

I guess my Wine Makers questions (and we've done Chef's Table before) are things like:

--is it lots and lots of food like CT, where you are careful about how much you've eaten earlier in the day (i.e. it's a good day to skip tea and platinum lounge)

--I'm guessing attire for WM is whatever is called for on that evening?

Thanks!

I thought is was a lot of food but have not done the CT before. There were some at our dinner who had also done the CT they said a little more food, can't see how you could eat more. We had 4 courses plus desert. A cocktail after we were seated. Three different wines and Lemon Cello after desert. I ate light during the day we did the wine dinner.

We are sailing on the Regal Princess at the end of February. Can anyone tell me what day of the cruise the winemakers dinner is offered, and where do I go on the ship to get a reservation?

I had a hard time making a reservation for the Wine Makers Dinner. I called the Dine line they acted like they did not know what I was taking about. Then went to customer service desk to ask for info. They called the dine line for me still did not get info. The CS person told me to ask about it in my dining room. I didn't have much luck with that. Finally went to a different dining room Symphony dining room. They put me on a list and said I would receive a letter telling when & where it would be held. That is what happened. In a day I got a letter telling me the time & place for the dinner. Good Luck! On this cruise no one in the whole MDR department seemed to know what the heck was going on.

In November, on the Regal, they had a table set up at the entrance to the Crown Grill with information about the Winemaker's dinner. We made our reservation soon after we boarded the ship, in person, at the Crown Grill. They ended up doing it twice during the cruise. We were in the second group and there were only six of us at the table. It was a great experience!