Baltimore Cruise Port - Traveling with a Person of Limited Mobility

rockabutzer

DW and I will be cruising on the Carnival Pride next year and plan to take a limo to the port. Once we arrive, she will need a wheel chair to get from the limo, through check-in, and all the way up to the cabin. Once on board, she will have a motorized scooter so that she can get around.

My questions are:

1. What kind of assistance can I expect when we arrive?

2. Will I have to leave her outside while I go into the terminal to find someone to help?

3. Will they stay and assist us through the whole check-in process and to the cabin?

I've received and read Carnivals document on wheelchair assistance and want to know how easy or hard it was for anyone to get the help they needed for embarkation and debarkation from Baltimore.

Thank you so much in advance. :D

We've traveled with my elderly parents out of Baltimore a few times (and leave again from there next Saturday!). It is an extremely easy port to get through. You may be able to locate a wheelchair at the curb, but if not, you can feel comfortable leaving your DW while you go and ask one of the very helpful port attendants for assistance. Although we have not traveled on Carnival with my parents, I doubt that it would be much different from Royal in terms of getting assistance. The only thing that might hang you up is they may not be able to take the wheelchair on the ship, in which you case you would have to "transfer" to another. A call ahead to Carnival and the Port of Baltimore may yield additional information. Have fun!