Escape Haven with Infant, 2018?

san92103

Hey all!

My wife and I are planning our 3 year anniversary Cruise for September, 2018. We'll have our Son, who will be about 18months old then. As of present time, Escape is the only NCL ship with a guppies program (for 3-24mos).

The current sailing offerings are the NYC-Bermuda 3 day stop, or an Eastern Canada/ Nova Scotia sailing. So, I am wondering for those who have done either OR both of these sailings. What is your preference? PRO/CONS. Plese note, we live in San Diego and while we love the Ocean, it is NOT a deal breaker to not be able to live it up in the water. What we want is to travel with him, and celebrate our anniversary.

From what I understand of the program (guppies), is that it's a 2 hour block @ $75 charge booked first come, first serve. I would imagine it's vital to go right there upon embarkation and sign up.

Is it $75/ VISIT or $75 for the sailing? And, what are the operational hours. I would imagine 0700-2200 to allow parents to have a meal or show (etc..) alone?

The second item is Haven. We did our Honeymoon in a Haven on the Jade Eastern Med Sailing (sep 2015) and loved it! Totally a great program! We have no objection to bringing a pack n play for him to sleep. Are you aware of NCL offering baby sleeping cribs?

Thank you for all your help!!!!

I think the 2 hour blocks were around $20. I would be hesitant to base my whole vacation on the Guppies program. Is this your first baby who I guess is not born yet? He/she might not be comfortable being left alone with strangers. If he will be in daycare it will be easier but even the. It can be hit or miss.

As for itineraries it depends on what kind of kid you have. A 18 month old might be happy in a stroller while you tour around cities or you might really wish you were on a beach in Bermuda.

Personally I would wait until this time next year to book and see what kind of vacation appeals at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I appreciate the outlook. We're not too crazy about Bermuda. Nothing against it, just the itinerary isn't what we want. Plus, we've never seen that part of the country that the other itinerary offers.

We're not basing our vacation off a single service, but we are wanting to ensure we can have alone time and actually see a show etc... without being "those guys".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums