Wedding Photographer

My daughter is getting married on Harmony of the Seas in April. We have asked for a ship's photographer to take the photos.

The quote is $949 + $150 per hour for minimum of 36 unedited photos on a disk. Has anyone had any experience of using this service on a Royal Caribbean ship? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My daughter is getting married on Harmony of the Seas in April. We have asked for a ship's photographer to take the photos.

The quote is $949 + $150 per hour for minimum of 36 unedited photos on a disk. Has anyone had any experience of using this service on a Royal Caribbean ship? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wow at that rate I think I might see if a photographer that you brought from home would negotiate their services to be partially paid by a week on a cruise. It might work out to be a better price and get you pictures of the couple throughout the experience.

Maybe you can ask from your cruise mates in your Roll Call. There might be a member who may not be a professional photographer, but camera enthusiast. I've seen fabulous photos posted here on reviews. Or they may have other ideas. Unless the bride and groom prefers the ship's services.

Or you may post on the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruises Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Are you planning the wedding through their Royal Weddings? If so, it looks like most packages include the photographer but not the pictures. Then on page 16 of the brochure it says that it's $150 for each extra hour and the $949 is for all images taken. $499 for the 30.

Thanks everyone for some great responses. In a nutshell:

• I don't think they allow your own professional photographer, but a friend or relative could take pictures, though no tripods allowed. unfortunately we do not have someone to take photos of the service.
  • The brochure is a bit confusing, but we have been told that to take all the pictures is $949 and $150 per hour for the photographer so for a 3 hour service the cost will be $1400.
  • As they only provide digital photos, I guess I should ask what format the photos will be in? Raw format would be better for us to edit later if necessary. Not happy with it as from experience all professional photographers need to do some editing but I guess we do not have a choice in this matter.
  • As someone mentioned, I should make sure we have the rights to print the images too.

Please keep me updated on your wedding we are getting married on the Harmony of the Seas march 2018. What venues were offered, would like to chat more with you about it thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Tammy,

Sure thing, We were only given the 'Dazzles' option when booking but I believe there are other options. We like the look of this venue so decided to stick to it. As other folks have mentioned, communication is very difficult until about 60 days to the wedding. We are still not sure what to expect so will post our experience after the event.

• 2 months later...

For those who are planning a wedding on the Harmony of the Seas, we are pleased to say that our daughter's wedding could not have gone better.

The pre-cruise worries of the lack of communication is a distant memory. We were still waiting for the final arrangements of catering for the reception, photographer, and some venue questions 2 days before we were leaving NZ for the cruise. In fact we did not get the final papers till the last day and settle the balance of payment, it was a bit stressful.

However, I must add that in our case the wedding was a mixed one between a European and our daughter who is Indian. We had requested some Indian catering which was not part of a normal menu, we also wanted a small venue on the night before the wedding for some Hindu ceremony. This probably caused some delay in communication, however, having said all that, the third party Royal Ocean Events, did not respond to us until the last month or so and only after us making long distance calls to Canada (where they are based) did we managed to arrange a conference call with the wedding co-ordinator. This was the third co-ordinator they had allocated to us. This is a different company who has taken over the wedding side of things for RCCL and perhaps are having some teething issues.

Now the good parts, we were contacted by our on board wedding co-ordinator Luzanne on the first day of sailing to arrange a meeting to discuss the event. Bearing in mind the wedding was not till the 6th day, we had plenty of time to sort things out.

Luzanne is a wonderful person who could not do enough for us and took care of all the requests we had.

The venue Dazzles is beautiful, lovely setting and perfect for a wedding. They let us use this venue the evening before as well which was perfect for what we wanted to do and they didn't charge us either! On the day the place was available to us for over 4 hours which was great too.

We met with the photographer before the day and she was great and her photos turned out perfect. Also met with the DJ who played our chosen music. The special food we had requested was provided to us and was more than enough.

All in all, it was a great event and I would not hesitate to recommend it. We had 38 guests of varying ages and cultures and they all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyone planning a wedding, don't worry, it will be fine. Just relax and look forward to the event. Any concerns you may have can be sorted out on the ship.