Carnival Magic - Sign & Sail Card/Pre-paid Cheers question

Qchell

Question for those of you who have sailed on Carnival Magic recently. I have heard some ships have gone to putting your S&S card in the mailbox outside your room. Has Magic switched to that yet?

We pre-paid Cheers this time. Are they still using a sticker on your card to indicate that? Will it come already on your S&S card or do we need to order at a bar for our first drink to get the sticker? Or can you order from random waiter and just get the sticker later if needed?

Thank you!

No- sign and sail still received at check in. How can you get checked onto the ship if your SnS is already on board?

Order your first drink and they ask for your portfolio number which will show that you have cheers and they will place sticker on your card.

There have been a few threads about it on CC, I've seen Miami specifically mentioned. Apparently you use your boarding pass to physically board the ship and purchase anything prior to retrieving your S&S card in a sealed envelope in your stateroom mailbox.

Personally, I don't like the idea of my S&S card sitting in my mailbox nor dealing with a boarding pass to board the ship and using that until I get my card. As I have not seen much about it in a number of weeks I am wondering if Carnival tried it a few times and haven't already nixed the idea. The logistics alone seem much more complicated compared to the current system and certainly opens the door to the possibility of issues with anything purchased prior to getting your S&S card.

We just got off the Vista and they put your sign and sail card in a sealed envelope in the bin outside your door. There is an explanation on the envelope that if the seal has been broken take the card to guest relations immediately. We had no problem and heard of no one having a problem