Minimum age to stay alone in cabin

Anyone know what their policy is?

DH and my two kids, ages 17 and 13 want to book two cabins for a fall cruise. Would they allow my 17 and 13 year old to stay across from us in another room or next to us in adjoining rooms? We would book a junior suite but we want a little privacy.

Anyone have this experience? Thanks in advance.

RC should let your kids stay alone in a stateroom, as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours. You have to call to book this way, the website won't allow it.

I never had a problem booking my children (when they were minors) into their own cabin, either directly across the hall from our cabin or directly next door. I always called RCI to book it this way. (Many travel agents have told me that one adult must be booked into each cabin, but that led to my distrust of travel agents because I know that RCIs policy states otherwise)

Our travel agent took care of this for us so if you are using a travel agent and want the kids together just let them know and they can take care of it from the start for you. Shouldn't be an issue for them to do it if you are using one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes we have two connecting promenade rooms booked for next Saturday on Freedom. Our boys are 17 & 14.

I don't think there is any age limitation on connecting cabins. I have my 5 & 3 granddaughters booked in a connecting with their parents. There are plenty of accounts on CC with kids being next door and/or across the hallway.

That being said, here is the official RCCL policy off their www site. Please, no comments about inconsistency.

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Edited by jamesr3939

You can book online with one adult and on kid per cabin, then when you're board just arrange things as you like. No no will check to see who's sleeping where. They will make you an extra keycard also.

You can book online with one adult and on kid per cabin, then when you're board just arrange things as you like. No no will check to see who's sleeping where. They will make you an extra keycard also.

and this way you can double your bottles of wine brought aboard! 2 per cabin