Sapphire Christening

seattlecruiser

If you are a past Princess passenger, you may try calling the captain's circle desk at 1800Princess. I know there is a captain's circle preview tour and lunch the day before the naming ceremony. I understand the tour is full. I assume the ceremony is limited to Princess and shipyard staff, industry executives and local and government officials. Let us know what you find out.

Princess tends to be a little silent on their naming-ceremony plans. We were in FLL for the Caribbean Princess' naming ceremony. Prior to the cruise several of us had discussed trying to attend since one of the press releases suggested that the ceremony would take place in FLL. At the last minute, it was announced that the ship would go on an overnight cruise with invited guests only, and that the ceremony would take place at sea.

Similarly, I heard a few complaints that the Island Princess' ceremony was a bust unless you were one of those lucky enough to be on the ship. Again, a press release gave the impression that a public viewing area would permit the hoi polloi to take part.

I guess I'm saying, don't get your hopes up unless you are a member of city council, represent a large travel agency, or have several hundred days' worth of cruising on Princess. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Hi,

We got a pre-christening tour invitation by e-mail and had to respond by May 14. Although it's not the actual christening it will be fun to see and tour her June 9th. It's about 3 and a half hours and includes a free lunch.

I did not get the e-mail but my husband did and thank goodness he read it. We are both signed up to receive offers from Princess through e-mail but they seem to only send my husband the e-mails.

Natonya

Archived