Tween kids club

fourandtwo

We are going on our first cruise in December 2017. Our kids will be 12, 10, 5, and 4. The littlest two will be together in the kids club, but the older ones will be split. The oldest turns 12 in late August. I was told by Carnival that it is based on age and she can't be put in with her 10 year old sister's group.

What is the tween group like? I don't want her to be able to sign herself out. She can be a bit shy, too, and won't know anyone. (My 10 year old talks to everyone!) I can keep her with DH and I, but it would be nice to have an hour or two for ourselves during the day.

Am I worrying too much? She is responsible and mature, but I don't want her in with a bunch of 14/almost 15 year olds who sign out and wander the ship.

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Forums mobile app

My son (now 14) loved camp carnival all the way up to circle C, he went one time and never went back on any other ship we have sailed. He has had great success in meeting with kids his age while we are out and about on the ship and he hangs out at specific times with them (like on sea days when we are hanging out up on deck but with regular check ins with us).

We never did like the sign yourself out of circle C as the kids are unsupervised for the most part. There are some group activities the kids can sign up for like a scavenger hunt on most ships but it seems like it doesn't attract a lot of kids as they want to go their separate ways. You can always send your daughter the first day for meet and greet and if she doesn't like it then she can wing the rest of the week.