Just back from the Sunshine, and loved it! Ask me anything!

can you give more details about getting off at Curacao: what time did you get off the ship / how long did you have wait in line to get off? We are going on same itinerary and have plans for the am before the day's heat

We docked around 2 as expected, but there was definitely a crowd of folks to get off. Everyone was ready after two days at sea. I want to say we were on the ground around 245?

This was kind of scary because one day there was a woman, and she kept coming around to our area around the pool as she had 2 children with her. I would say maybe 8 and 10 and I assume she wanted a chair next to the pool so she could sit and watch her kids swim. Her DH was with her too. Well, it was a particularly nice day and she would wander around with their stuff, disappear for a few minutes (Pride has 2 pools so I am assuming she went to the other pool), come back, wander around. I am observing her and sure enough, she kept eyeing those chairs with the CHOG's things on them (4, just what she needed and right in front of the pool!) so this after I would say about 35 minutes, she went right over to the pool attendant and pointed out noone had been there. He must have told her to wait. He finally came over and asked a few people something sitting nearby, maybe if they were saving for family, whatever. Didn't ask us, or I would have given him an earful. So he proceded to remove the belongings. Of course, when the "owners of the chairs" came out, must have been about 3 HOURS LATER they went NUTS. Don't forget, these had been "their chairs" for almost 2 weeks. There was a terrible argument and I honestly thought punches would be thrown. They had to call security and finally the CHOG's left after about 1/2 hour of this. I felt very badly for the children who were swimming and just hanging around the pool to witness this atrocious behavior. They finally left and I made many comments and uttered many names as they passed under my breath. :evilsmile::evilsmile: I WAS going to tell the pool attendant when he came over with that woman about this happening every single day (he was the same guy the whole cruise-didn't he notice this too? :confused:) DH told me to stay out of it and let them handle it, and I am sad to say I am glad I did. When we were on Liberty for a B2B I remember pool attendants attaching sticky notes to the chairs with the time written on them. When their time was up, they collected belongings and brought them back to the towel shack. :cool:

That's crazy! When we are up on serenity, we saw two of the stickers stuck to the glass on railing. Seems like someone wasn't happy to receive the warning on their chairs!

Nice to hear good things about the Sunshine. Haven't sailed on her yet. How was the flow of the ship? Did you find certain areas got congested?

I really didn't think anything was congested outside of the the Lido being packed at all times. It seemed like a good traffic flow and our sailing was even sold out.

Hi and thanks for the nice review.

Question-while you were in the spa did you notice if there is a hot tub/jacuzzi? I know there isn't a T-therapy pool.

Cruising later this month and interested in spa passes, but only if there is a jacuzzi.

Thanks

Btw, have reservations for JiJi and steakhouse so far.

Hmm, I didn't notice - sorry! We went right to the waiting lounge and then to the massage room and out. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

I've read that Sunshine is not a very stable ship in waves. Did you notice any more movement than any other ship you've been on?

Whew! Sea day one was a rough one, and I was worried that the whole cruise would be that way. But after that day, it was smooth sailing! Overall it was very comparable to other ships.

I've read that Sunshine is not a very stable ship in waves. Did you notice any more movement than any other ship you've been on?

Whew! Sea day one was a rough one, and I was worried that the whole cruise would be that way. But after that day, it was smooth sailing! Overall it was very comparable to other ships.