feasibility of cruising with much medical equipment and power chair

angelbearmom

Here's another update on our hoped for trip with Robin. Lots of changes to our idea. We found out that the special interest cruise is a charter and much more expensive than just booking the cruise via HAL. And, as it's in US funds it's even more expensive. We've also learned that the wish organization no longer exists. And, in talking it over with everyone involved we've decided to try to do a circle Hawaii that's return trip to Vancouver on Princess next April. . I just got prices from the travel agent and they're better than I'd thought they were. Robin has been informed that if we do this cruise which will be a long way from medical help for several days that she has to stick to safe decisions such as not eating orally-very dangerous for her. So. now it's fund raising time. No one was really excited about Alaska. I'll keep you all posted on how we manage. I've gotten great suggestions from people here about things like having 2 of everything we can (ventilator, suction, etc. I'll have more questions as things progress I'm sure.

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop! We are sending positive cyber wishes for success on your adventure. Don't forget to come back and tell us how your process is going.

Beckie

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard from Princess and the trip is a go!!!!!! Yay!!!!! Robin and 3 caregivers will do a Circle Hawaii cruise April 10, 2018. Of course a lot of other things will have to fall into place before we go (especially funds) but we'll keep working for it. Thanks for all the comments.

• 2 weeks later...
I just heard from Princess and the trip is a go!!!!!! Yay!!!!! Robin and 3 caregivers will do a Circle Hawaii cruise April 10, 2018. Of course a lot of other things will have to fall into place before we go (especially funds) but we'll keep working for it. Thanks for all the comments.

Hooray! So glad this is working out for all of you. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress!