Just back from cave tubing, Nov 17th

deborahdarling

We just came back from the Sun and went cave tubing in Belize. We used http://www.cave-tubing.com/ and Yhony and the guys were fabulous. Entertaining, capable and professional. You pay them when the tour is over so they have a vested interest in making sure you finish safely!

No snakes- no crocodiles... but we did see some "croc-a-logs"!

I can highly recommend these guys- the way they took care of us and kept us safe was amazing, especially in comparison with the cruise line's tour. We were a group of 27 with 5 guides. The ship's tour was a bus of 50-60 people with 2 guides and double the price for a shorter tour. They plunked people in the water and just let them go whereas our guys set us up in groups of 5-6 and guided us personally.

Tips: Wear comfy shoes- tevas or similar. The hike to the caves is 30-40 minutes through the rain forest and can be muddy/slippery. Bring dry clothes to change into afterwards. You can leave your things locked in the bus that will be waiting for you. About 10 minutes into the walk you need to cross a river, hanging on to a rope stretched across it. The water was high so it was a bit scary but apparently that is unusual. I am not in great shape and I made it but anyone who has trouble walking or other health issues may find this a real challenge. I don't mean to scare anyone- it's certainly not a tough tour- but is a 2-3/5 on the physical scale!

Have a great time and remember: "Butt's UP!!"

Debbie

Archived