TransAtlantic options

cruiseguy262

Hi all,

I am looking at planning my first TA. I am tentatively planning for 2019, or 2020. The itinerary I was looking at specifically was the 15 Night Mediterranean on Celebrity Silhouette out of Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. I have concerns for as far as airfare goes. I have seen posts where a lot of people recommended using Rome cabs for transportation from the airport in Rome. Also how cold is it in Nov? Any tips/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! thanks !

We've done 5 TA, 2 from Rome and doing another this November. We love them getting to stop at several ports. Sea days are great to do what you want. We've used Rome in Limo for Rome, Florence and transfers to port. We stay at the Albergo Cesari in Rome which is in the middle of Rome near the Pantheon. Usually you can share rides to the port with other people in the hotel. It can be cool but the closer you get to Ft Lauderdale it's warm enough to be around the pool. Two of our TA were the northern route. They come back a little earlier but it can be a little cooler than the southern route. Book the cruise out as far as you can and watch for price drops. This next one we were going to do inside but I kept watching and was able to get a balcony, which we have never had, for only $250 more for each of us. I checked an oceanview and they were offering an upgrade for nothing extra. As far as air, we always use Choice Air because one way is so much cheaper thru them and you can get lots of flight options.

Hi all,

I am looking at planning my first TA. I am tentatively planning for 2019, or 2020. The itinerary I was looking at specifically was the 15 Night Mediterranean on Celebrity Silhouette out of Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. I have concerns for as far as airfare goes. I have seen posts where a lot of people recommended using Rome cabs for transportation from the airport in Rome. Also how cold is it in Nov? Any tips/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! thanks !

We did this in 2016. Great trip! We flew to Florence, had 3 good days there, then rented a car and drove through Tuscany etc, with a hill town stop along the way, down to Civitavecchia, boarded the next day. Good weather the whole trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums