RCCL cancels cozumel for Feb,12 cruise, whats the deal

moverdml

Just spoke to RCCL rep., now a different excuse, herse the jist, Explorer 12/23,1/2, Mariner 12/18,1/2, Navagator 12/24,1/7,1/21,2/4,2/18,3/4,3/18 Voyager 12/3,12/17,12/31,1/14,1/28,2/11,2/24,3/11,3/25

O.K they said that voyager class ships will not be going into Cozumel, when confronted with these dates for voyager class ships stopping in cozumel they than changed and said that only certain voyager clas ships wont go in. but as you see NO changes have been made, than they went further and said that Cozumel is still not 100% so Cozumel has asked ALL ship lines to limit amount of people on certain days, I checked with Carnival, NCL, and celebrity, (there other line) and all there ships are still on schedule, I HATE GETTING THE RUN AROUND!!! no compensation for the change, no refund of port chgs. and they say they are too far from any other ports. YET there other western itenerys puts you in Jamaica right after cozumel. WHY HAS THIS SHIP AND ONLY THIS SHIP BEEN SINGLED OUT???

You know what mover, with cruising this is what can happen. We read about port changes or cancellations due to weather and other factors on here all the time. Different members of my family have been scheduled to go to Grand Cayman on 6 different cruises. We made it there once, inlaws made it there once. So out of six cruises only got there 2x. It happens - it's part of cruising. I realize you're disappointed but you're not being singled out. You need to decide that this is not going to ruin your vacation and as the saying goes, make lemonade out of lemons. Personally, the sea days are my family's favourite part of cruising. We actually prefer the itineraries that have more sea days. If you keep an open mind you may find that you do too. As the person before me stated, there is no other line with a ship sailing to Cozumel that even comes close in size to the Voyager class. That's why they're not going. Time to plan some fun activities for your sea day.

I too am sailing on the 5 night Mariner cruise on December 18th. We were told last week that we would definately be stopping in Cozumel as we have only two ports on this cruise (Grand Cayman being the other). So now we are stuck with Coco Cay! I have already been on 2 other Bahama cruises and am not at all interested in another one! We paid 3 times as much for this Western itinerary and now we are landing back in the Bahamas:( And if it is too rough to tender at GC we will really be SOL!!!I believe that RCL really dropped the ball on my cruise by not canceling Cozumel when they first knew that Voyager class ships were unable to go to Cozumel and try to get us to another W. Caribbean port. By the time they got around to canceling our stop in Cozumel the best they could do is Coco cay?!!! This is totally unacceptable in my opinion. And there is a good chance that the water temp in CC will be too cool to really enjoy... this is NOT my dream Western Caribbean that we saved for! Thanks for letting me vent..... P.S. I am aware that ports can be changed or canceled... but the timeframe in which RCL handled this is my biggest complaint. I would have been OK with any other Western port.

Archived