Help! Bus questions for my wedding cruise

JaimeAnne

Hello

I am getting married at Horseshoe Beach and I am getting there by Carnival Legend..We dock at Kings Wharf/Royal Naval Dockyard.

I need to know if the bus stops at the boat dock for my guests to catch it and does it go to Horseshoe Beach? I was told that we may need to take a taxi to a bus stop b/c it doesn't go to kings wharf, is this true??

Also, Does anyone know how hard it is to catch a bus while the ships are in port, my future father in law asked if there was going to be long lines at the bus stops b/c of the ship being there.

Last question, I want to buy a day pass for each of my guest for the bus, how & where would I do that? I'd prefer not wait until we are in port as it will be my wedding day and I fear I may forget...

Thanks so much!!

The bus is maybe a 150 yards from the ship. There is a shuttle bus(free) that will take you from the ship to the bus. Its actually a much longer walk back from the last bus stop back than when you get on. The bus does get crowded when the ship is in port. The bus does go directly back from Horseshoe to the Dockyards/kings wharf(same place). The beach is down a hill from the bus stop. I walk down and take a jitney back- $1 per person. We took a bus back once and then a cab another time. The cab was nicer. How large is your wedding party---maybe you should charter a bus both ways!!! They normally sell one day passes on the ship but you may want to contact the bus line if you are buying more than 25. I'll see if I can find a website for you. Ask any question you want and congrats on your wedding.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?space=Opener&parentname=CommunityPage&control=OpenObject&in_hi_OpenerMode=2&in_hi_ClassID=512&in_hi_ObjectID=252

It has an email address for info and a seperate one for charters

ps its the number 7 bus from KW to Horseshoe. Hoeshoe is a southshore beach and KW is in the upper left on the map.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how many people you have BUT I would rent some sort of private transportation to your ceremony at the beach.

Horseshoe Bay is way south of King's Wharf and it will take you close to an hour to get there. Then once there you will be let off on the main road and and a HUGE hill to get to the beaches. There is a jitney for $1 up and down like the other poster suggested but way too much stress for a wedding party to go thru. It is your wedding day, you shouldnt' have to ride a crowded bus (which is public)

My advice is skip buying them their three day passes (which you will still need) and spend the money on a private van that will pick everyone up in St. George take you all right down to your ceremony.

Congrats and a great choice but again, skip public transportation to your ceremony!!!!!

Archived